Dolpo with it's authentic Tibetan culture was a forbidden land until 1996. It has remained unchanged for the past 1200 years or more. It is a land of high passes with high arid plateaus and deep canyons which is a considerable contrast to the fertile lower valleys south of the impressive Kanjiroba ( locals pronounce it Kanjirolwa in Tibetan, it translates to the Big mountain with a ponytail) and Dhaulagiri massifs. Dolpo is part of the Great Himalaya Trail (GHT), and it snakes between two natural borders of the two regions of Dolpo and Mustang. It is one of the last remaining places where the practice of the ancient Bon religion which predates Tantric Buddhism. Bon religion is almost extinct in Tibet while it is still practiced in its pristine purity. We will spend two nights at the astoundingly beautiful Phoksundo Lake before heading to the windswept passes into Panzang (Bantshang) valley. We will pass through semi-nomadic settlements meeting friendly nomads and curious villagers frequently. There are sections on this trek where the trail is very rugged or ill-defined. Some campsites have limited campsites. Adverse weather, snow, trail conditions or water levels in the rivers might make it necessary for us to change the itinerary. Your trek leader will advice should any changes be needed to be made. All trekkers should be open-minded and flexible on a trek of this caliber. As usual, don't forget to pack your sense of humor.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with an unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu.
- Day 02: Morning make permits and Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj
- Day 03: Fly from Nepalgunj to Juphal & trek to Sangta, (2520m) 4-5 hrs
- Day 04: Trek from Sangta to Renji, or Tapriza School (2940m) 5-6 hrs (Tea break at Tapriza School)
- Day 05: Trek from Renji to Phoksundo Lake (3600m) 4-5 hrs
- Day 06: Rest day at Phoksundo Lake
- Day 07: Trek from Phoksundo to Sallagari, (3630m) 4-5 hrs
- Day 08: Trek from Sallagari to Nagdalo or Kang-La basecamp (4717m) 6-7 hrs
- Day 09: Trek from Ngadra-La basecamp to Shey Gompa (4375m) 5-6 hrs
- Day 10: Rest day at Shey Sumdo Gompa
- Day 11: Trek from Shey Gompa to Namgung Gompa via Saldang-La pass (4350m) 5-6 hrs
- Day 12: Trek from Namgung to Saldang village (3980m) 3-4 hours
- Day 13: Trek from Saldang to Nisal village (Yangzer Gompa – 1000 years old) (4599m), 5-6 hrs
- Day 14: Trek from Nisal to Komas village (4237m) 5-6 hrs
- Day 15: Trek from Komas to Shimen Gompa village (4000m) 6-7 hrs
- Day 16: Trek from Shimen Gompa to Tinkyu (Tinje) village for lunch and continue into the open pastures for 2 hours before stopping for the night (4210m), 6-7 hrs
- Day 17: We keep walking in the slightly wider valleys and camp at the base of Mo La 4780 meters.
- Day 18: Trek over Mo La 5030 and proceed onto Charka 4302 meters. 5-6 hrs
- Day 19: Trek from Charka to open pasture to camp (4210m), 5-6 hrs
- Day 20: Trek from Open meadows to Nulungsumda (4850m), 6-7 hrs
- Day 21: Trek from Nulungsumda to Ghalden Ghuldum over three passes of Niwas La 5125 meters, Jungben La 5550 and an unnamed pass of 5200 meters. 6-7 hours
- Day 22: Trek from Ghalden Ghuldun to Santa (3710 meters),
- Day 23: Trek from Santa to Phalyak
- Day 24: Trek From Phalyak to Jomsom (2724m), 3-4 hrs
- Day 25: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Day 26: Leisure day in Kathmandu
- Day 27: Final Departure from Kathmandu
MirekPolandPublished: Friday, November 3, 2017From 24.09. to the 16.10.2017 I participated in the expedition in Lower and Upper Dolpa, starting in Juphal and finishing in Kagbeni. It was organised by Raj Tamang, treks provider from Responsible Adventures in Khatmandu. Trek was excellent, organisation perfect,…Continue
Jacek WalickiPolandPublished: Friday, November 3, 2017With an outstanding support of an excellent Responsible Adventures team four of us trekked through Lower and Upper Dolpo. From landing at Juphal (Sep 24) to walking into Kagbeni (Oct 16) it took us 23 incredible days and 275 km…Continue
- 2 nights hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- 1-night hotel in Nepalgunj with breakfast
- 2 nights in hotel in Pokhara with breakfast
- Domestic flights Kathmandu - Nepalgunj - Juphal. Jomsom to Pokhara and to Kathmandu.
- All airport transfers
- 22 nights camping trek fully catered
- All permits for the trek
- All camping gear and kitchen utensils.
- 1 Exper Trek leader along with local assistant
- 1 Trekking Chef
- All meals (The best and healthiest food in the whole of the Himalaya )
- Pack animals to carry all gear and food on the trek.
- 1 satellite phone in case of emergency
- Insurance for crew and pack animals
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Items of a personal nature e.g alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenir etc.
Dates & Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Cost||Status||Booking|
|25 September, 2018||21 October, 2018||US $6250||Guaranteed|