A visa for Nepal can be acquired on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu and at border entry points in Kakadvitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Gaddachowki on the Nepal-India border and Kerung on the Nepal-China border.
Outside of Nepal, A visa can also be obtained at the nearest Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission.
To renew a Visa, you need to go to the Department of Immigration, Kalikasthan, Kathmandu.
You need to have a valid passport, passport size photo - one with a light background.
Nepal visa can only be obtained by payment of cash in the following currencies: Euro, US Dollars, Pound Sterling, Singapore Dollar, Japanese Yen, Canadian Dollar, Swiss Franc, Hong Kong Dollar, and Australian Dollar.
Nepalese or Indian currencies and credit cards are not accepted as payment for visa fee.
a.Nepal Tourist Visa Fees
Visa Facility Duration Fee
Multiple entry 15 days US$ 25 or equivalent convertible currency
Multiple entry 30 days US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency
Multiple entry 90 days US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency
b. Gratis (Free) Visa
- For the first visit in a visa year (January to December), gratis visa is provided for 30 days to the citizens of South Asian countries like Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bhutan, Maldives, and Bangladesh. However, the visa can be extended from the Immigration Department on payment of visa fee as specified above.
- Indian citizens do not require a visa to enter into Nepal.
c. Nepal Visa For Indian Nationals
Although Indian nationals do not need a visa to enter Nepal, they have to possess any of the following documents:
- Election Commission Card
d. Nepal Visa For Chinese Nationals
According to the circular of the Embassy of Nepal in Beijing, China; Chinese nationals applying for a tourist visa to Nepal have been provided “gratis tourist visa” from Jan. 5, 2016, from following Nepali missions in the People’s Republic of China:
- Embassy of Nepal, Beijing
- Consulate General of Nepal, Lhasa
- Consulate General of Nepal, Hong Kong
- Honorary Consulate of Nepal, Shanghai
e. Other Visa Information
Nationals of Afghanistan, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iraq, Liberia, Nigeria, Palestine, Somalia Swaziland, and Zimbabwe need to obtain from Nepali Embassies or Diplomatic Missions in their respective countries as they are not granted visa upon arrival at the entry points of Nepal.
f. Visa Extension in Nepal
Tourists are allowed a maximum stay of 150 days in a visa year - 1st January to 31st December.
For more information on visa application online : Nepal Online Visa Appliaction.
For further visa information for Nepal, please contact: Department of Immigration Kalikasthan, Kathmandu
Tel: 00977-1- 4429660 / 4438862 / 4438868/ 4433934
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Make an Enquiry
- Bhutan Visa Information
- Food and Nutrition on Trekking Holidays
- Get Travel Insurance
- Health and Medicine
- Indian Visa Information
- Practical Information
- Tailor made trekking experiences in the Himalayas of Nepal, Bhutan, India and Tibet
- Tibet Visa Information
- Training for Himalayan Trekking Vacation
- Trekking Clothing and Equipment Guide
- Trip Grading
- What to Bring on the Trek
- When To Go to Nepal, Bhutan, India and Tibet