You are required to have a valid visa to enter Bhutan. The Bhutanese Embassies abroad do not issue visa and visa on arrival is non-existent. It is to get the visa for Bhutan before arriving.
You are required to submit a scanned copy of your passport details at four weeks in advance before your arrival date. Your travel company will process your application and provide you with the copy of the Visa. It usually takes 2-3 working days for the application to be approved.
You need to have a passport that is valid for at least six months beyond the length of stay.
The Visa fee is US$40, and Tourism Development Fund (TDF) is US$10
these fees need to be sent together with the tour payment.
Make an Enquiry
- Food and Nutrition on Trekking Holidays
- Get Travel Insurance
- Health and Medicine
- Indian Visa Information
- Nepal Visa Information
- Practical Information
- Tailor made trekking experiences in the Himalayas of Nepal, Bhutan, India and Tibet
- Tibet Visa Information
- Training for Himalayan Trekking Vacation
- Trekking Clothing and Equipment Guide
- Trip Grading
- What to Bring on the Trek
- When To Go to Nepal, Bhutan, India and Tibet