Zanskar Trek-Ladakh, Northern India. Himalayan summer trekking in northern India's Ladakh region is known as "Little Tibet."Zanskar lies south of the Indus valley and north of the Great Himalayan Range, its boundaries are loosely defined by the drainage basin of the Stod, Zanskar, Lungnak, Tsarap and Kargyak rivers. Rich in traditional culture and breathtaking landscape, it remains a draw for trekkers who can put up with strenuous mountain days or long uncomfortable bus journeys to get to these isolated valleys.
A classic trail is crossing Zanskar from south to north, taking in some of its most exquisite scenery from the Great Himalaya on the border with Lahaul to the jagged Zanskar mountains in the north. The Zanskar treks provide with the opportunities to dawdle in villages deviating up some quiet valleys and visiting some very remote monasteries including Karsha the largest and Phugtal the most beautiful in Zanskar.
The route starts from the south from a small village of Darcha on the Manali-Leh road north of Keylong in Lahaul. This is one of the most extended treks in the region and an exciting way to see the beautiful landscape, villages, and a variety of Himalayan cultures from Central Ladakh in the north to Lahaul in the south while Zanskar itself has some fascinating villages and gompas.
Experience of a traditional Tibetan Buddhist culture undisturbed by the Cultural Revolution Ancient, yet active monasteries where monks go about their daily lives, and beautiful artwork enhances rustic interiors Trekking through one of the most remote areas of the Greater Himalaya in a landscape of plunging canyons and verdant river bottoms.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrive in Delhi just relax and catch up on sleep
- Day 02: to 3: A long day's drive in a comfortable vehicle takes us through the plains than the Himalayan foothills and middle ranges
- Day 04: After lunch, we take our vehicle to Keylong 3300m via the Rohtang Pass 4000m
- Day 05: Leaving Keylong after breakfast we head north-west into the Lahaul valley after crossing the 3978m / 13, 050 ft high Rohtang Pass
- Day 06: Palemo - Zanskar Sumdo - 3860m / 12,660ft. 5 - 6 hours
- Day 07: Zanskar Sumdo - Chumik Nakpo - 4640m / 15,219 ft. 5 hours
- Day 08: Chumik Nakpo - Shingo La - 5090m / 16,695 ft. to Lakhang - 4470m /14,662 ft. 6 hours
- Day 09: Lakhang - Kargyak - 4050m / 13,284 ft. 6 - 7 hours
- Day 10: Kargyak - Teta 3950m / 12,956 ft. 7 hours
- Day 11: Teta - Purne - 3700m / 12,136 ft. 2 hours
- Day 12: Purne - Ichar - 3650m 11,972 ft 4 Hours
- Day 13: Ichar - Mune - 3900m / 12,792 ft. to Shilla 3600m / 11,808 ft. 5 hours
- Day 14: Shilla - Karsha - 3600m / 11,808 ft. 6 hours
- Day 15: Karsha - Pishu - 3470m / 11,382 ft. 5 hours
- Day 16: Pishu - Hanumil - 3380m / 11,086ft in 5 hours
- Day 17: Hanumil - Parfi La - 3950m / 12,956ft ft. to Snertse - 3850m / 12,628ft. 6 hours
- Day 18: Snertse - Hanuma La - 4950m / 16,236ft to Lingshed - 4000m / 13,120ft. 6 hours
- Day 19: Lingshed - Base of Sengge La - 4550m / 14,924ft. 6 -7 hours. The trail ascends towards the pass, and we visit the Skimpata and Gongma villages on the way. Camp at the base.
- Day 20: Base Camp of Singge La -over the pass - 5050m / 16,564 ft. to Photoksar -4200m / 13,776ft. 6 hours
- Day 21: Photoksar - Sirsir La - 4850m / 15,908ft to Hanupatta - 3760m / 12,332ft. 6 hours
- Day 22: Hanupatta - Wanla - 3250m / 10,660ft. 5- 6 hours
- Day 23: Wanla - Lamayuru - 3420m / 11,217ft. 4 hours
- Day 24: We drive to Leh- 3500m / 11,480ft. and check into a hotel
- Day 25: Free day for resting, massage, witness Ladakh festival if it is in the month of September. Day 27: Fly to Delhi and tour ends
- 'A' class hotel in Leh
- All meals throughout the tour
- Experienced regional leader and porters on the trek
- Trek permit
- Park fees
- Staff insurance
- Sightseeing as indicated
- International airport taxes
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transfers outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (buy insurance)
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion
- Domestic flight Leh-Delhi- Leh (Book early for cheaper airfare)