The Upper Mustang area is also known as the Last Forbidden Kingdom. Mustang lies in the trans-Himalayan region North of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. It’s arid, desert-like environment with colorful rock formations. Your adventure begins with a flight into Jomsom which lies in the Kali Gandaki valley - the most in-depth ravine in the world. North of Kagbeni is considered the “restricted” Upper Mustang region where Tibetan influence is prevalent. The landscape is dotted with ancient villages with Monasteries that are several centuries old.
Trekkers were only allowed to enter this region in 1992, and still, only about 700 trekkers are visiting Mustang a year. This is one of the few remaining enclaves where Tibetan culture remains undisturbed.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1400m)
- Day 02: Half day city tour/ free afternoon
- Day 03: Fly to Pokhara (820m)
- Day 04: Fly to Jomsom (2720m) and trek to Kagbeni (2800m)
- Day 05: Trek to Chele (3050m)
- Day 06: Trek to Syangboche (3800m)
- Day 07: Trek to Ghami (3520m)
- Day 08: Trek to Tsarang (3560m)
- Day 09: Trek to Lo Manthang (3800m)
- Day 10: Rest day at Lo Manthang.
- Day 11: Trek to Dhakmar (3820m) via Ghar Gompa.
- Day 12: Trek to Syangbuche (3800m)
- Day 13: Trek to Chhusang (2980m)
- Day 14: Trek to Kagbeni (2800m)
- Day 15: Trek to Jomsom (2720m)
- Day 16: Fly to Pokhara
- Day 17: Drive or Fly to Kathmandu (as preferred)
- Day 18: Transfer to International Airport.
William WatsonUnited StatesPublished: Monday, November 14, 2016I have recently returned home after spending a month in the country of Nepal. I visited Kathmandu 42 years ago and have wanted to return for quite some time...When the opportunity to go finally was available I jumped at the…Continue
- Boutique hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- Boutique hotel in Pokhara on bed and breakfast basis
- Hotel/ Lodges on twin sharing basis
- All transportation
- Responsible Adventures' Expert Trek leader (Click to watch video of trek leaders)
- Complimentary T-Shirt
- Use of trekking kit bag during trek
- 1 Assistant guide between 4 trekkers
- 1 porter between two trekkers
- Good clothing for porters and crew
- Food for porters & crew members (We are less then handful of trekking companies that provide this
- Insurance for crew and porters
- All permits
- Twin sharing room on trek
- All meals on trek (best trekking meals in the whole of the Himalaya)
- Domestic airfare.
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Tips(suggested amount US$70 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion
- Items of a personal nature e.g alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenir etc.
Dates & Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Cost||Status||Booking|
|29 September, 2018||16 October, 2018||US $3015||Guaranteed|