The ethereal part of Western Nepal known as Dolpo is cut off from the outside world by high passes and only a few trekkers will ever visit this place. Our exceptional trek leaders will bring you into this remote, rare world of the old Bon and Buddhist area. We will follow ancient trails to the remote high altitude villages where the people still live as their ancestors did as barley farmers, semi-nomadic yak herders wearing traditional handspun wool robes and boots. However, this is changing real fast as they have started visiting cities and change is inevitable. Many of the villages in Dolpo still practice Bon, the religion that predates Buddhism. It is still one of the few places that practice this ancient religion. This tough, rugged and remote trek brings many rewards including the astounding beauty of Phoksundo Lake and visits to many monasteries that are several centuries old. Our journey consists of crossing several high passes above 5000 meters and camping above 4000 meters for several nights. We have as always designed this trek to allow time to acclimatize. This remote is so remote that we might only see a few other trekking groups, if at all. This remote trek is one of the few places in the world that is still possible. However with the Government of Nepal’s plan to join all District headquarters by road will soon change this.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with an unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02: We obtain the permits and fly to fly to Nepalgunj and transfer to hotel. Overnight in hotel.
- Day 03: Morning flight to Jhupal and trek to Sulighat (2282m) 3-4 hrs. O/N at Tented Camp.
- Day 04: Trek to Chhekpa (2883m). 6-7 hrs. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 05: Trek to Raichi (2940m). 5- 6 hrs walk. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 06: Trek to Ringmo/Phuksundo Lake (3733m). 5-7 hrs walk. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 07: Rest, acclimatization and explore. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 08: Trek to Lar Tsa (4120m). 6-7 hrs walk. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 09: Trek to Nangdala or Kang La Phedi (4700m), 4-5 hrs walk.
- Day 10: Trek to Shey Gompa (4160m), 7-8 hrs walk. Overnight in tented camp.
- Day 11: Trek to Namgung Gompa (place of interest). Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 12: Trek to Saldang Village (most beautiful village). Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 13: Rest day in Saldang. Visit Yangsher Gompa. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 14: Saldang Village – Durki Khola Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 15: Trek to Thurki. Via Jungla pass. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 16: Trek to Dho Tarap. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 17: Trek to Laina Odar. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 18: Trek to Tarakot. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 19: Trek to Dunai. Overnight in a hotel or at tented Camp.
- Day 20: Trek to Juphal. Overnight in a hotel or at tented Camp.
- Day 21: Fly via Nepalgunj to Kathmandu where we check into our hotel.
- Day 22: A free day in Kathmandu. Optional city tour. The group's final evening together.
- Day 23: Spare day just in case extend the days if it requires (safety first)
- Day 24: Fly back to home country.
Mirek CiapolskiPolandPublished: Friday, November 3, 2017From 24.09.to the 16.10.2017 I participated in the expedition in Lower and Upper Dolpa, starting in Juphal and finishing in Kagbeni. It was organised by Raj Tamang, treks provider from Responsible Adventures in Khatmandu. Trek was excellent, organisation perfect, Staff…Continue
Jacek S. WalickiPolandPublished: Monday, November 30, -0001With an outstanding support of an excellent Responsible Adventures team four of us trekked through Lower and Upper Dolpo. From landing at Juphal (Sep 24) to walking into Kagbeni (Oct 16) it took us 23 incredible days and 275 km…Continue
- 2 nights hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis.
- 1-night hotel in Nepalgunj with breakfast
- 2 nights in a hotel in Pokhara with breakfast
- Domestic flights Kathmandu - Nepalgunj – Juphal and return airfare. 5. All airport transfers
- 17 nights camping trek fully catered
- All permits for the trek
- All camping gear and kitchen utensils.
- 1 Expert Trek leader along with local assistant
- 1 Trekking Chef
- All meals (The best and healthiest food in the whole of the Himalaya)
- Pack animals to carry all gear and food on the trek.
- 1 satellite phone in case of emergency.
- Insurance for crew and pack animals
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Items of a personal nature e.g alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenir etc.
- Trip CostUS$ 5500
- Trip Difficulty Strenuous
- Min. Person4-16
- Transportation: Private vehicle and Flight
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek
- Accommodation: Lodge and Camping
- CODE: UDC
- FREQUENCY: EVERYDAY
- ALTITUDE: 5550 MTS.
- SUPPORT: YES