Unique Yoga teacher training in the Nepal Himalayas
We have designed this unique yoga teacher training where we bring you to places, which have religious/spiritual significance. We will be doing some trekking, staying at certain spots for several days. You will be given opportunities to go to remote parts of Nepal where next to no tourists have flocked.
You will get to experience pristine villages of different ethnic groups, spots, visit monasteries, meditate with monks, and watch Shamans do their rituals. As yogis, you must have read or heard that Lord Shiva was Adhiyogi or the first yoga practitioner. We will be passing through yogic and spiritually significant places on the yoga teacher-training trek.
We will be hiking amidst some of the most spectacular panoramic views of the Himalayan mountain range. We will even go to a vantage point where you will get to see a panorama that is 480km long, perhaps the widest in the world.
We will be conducting this yoga teacher training on an expedition style camping trek for self-realization. There will be a lot of yogi/support crew involved as all the camping types of equipment; food etcetera has to be brought along with us.
We will provide you with three men dome tents to be shared between two trainees, a 4-inch thick foam mattress to sleep on, a dining tent with tables and stools to eat yogic diet, kitchen tent where out trekking chef and his assistants will prepare nourishing meals using super-food as ingredients.
We will also provide a toilet and shower tent (bear in mind that this is a camping trip in remote parts of Nepal where the resources are scarce. Do not expect to get a hot shower every day, alternate days if you are lucky). We will have pack animals, porters or vehicles to carry all the food, camping gear from one spot to the next. This will be the closest to a Glamping Yoga Teacher training in the Himalayas - perhaps the first of it's kind to find your true self.
Highlights of this yoga teacher training area:
i) Takes you to pristine villages in a non-touristic part of the country
ii) Meditate with monks
iii) Meditative trekking along with tree hugging
iv) Walk through religious/spiritually essential places related to Shiva - the first Yogi
v) Trekking, yoga teacher training, retreat, detox and self-realization all in one
vi) Practice Yoga amidst the highest mountains in the world receive cosmic energy naturally (Pyramid effect)
vii) Learn yoga in the environment similar to that of Yogis of the Himalayas
viii) Experience why the Yogis strive to travel the Himalayas for enlightening practices there, now it is your turn to practice yoga in a similar environment.
Trip Highlights of Unique Yoga teacher training in the Nepal Himalayas
200 hours Yoga teacher training. Practise of Hatha, Vinyasa and Yin Yoga.
Exercises or yoga Sukshmavyayama.
Asana – variations and modifications
- Principles and skills of a good teacher,
- Lesson planning,
- Principles of demonstration & observation,
- Assisting, modifications, Correcting, instructing,
- Ethical guidelines for yoga teachers,
- Student teaching, basic healthy yogic lifestyle and regular practice
3- Philosophy and Theory of Traditional Yoga Style:
Meaning, Concept, Definition, and types of Yoga
Original Ashtanga Yoga by Patanjali,
The concept of Pranayama (Breath exercise) and Techniques
5 Prana (Five life force)
Chakras (Energy Centers),
Yoga Hand Mudras,
Meditation techniques ( Techniques from BharavTantra)
4 – Practicum
Non-contact hours-50 hour:
These hours for homework as students will be given daily assignments along with pre-study and pre-reading of the course
Teachers Training View
Course Duration: 24 days
Maximum Number of students: 16 Students
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu, to be met at the airport or meeting point and transferred to your hotel.
- Day 02: We drive to our starting point of our Yoga teacher training. The drive is for 8-9 hours.
- Day 03: We hike to an opening in the middle of a forested area: 2800 meters, 5-6 hours trekking.
- Day 04: We remain at the same campsite for more Yoga lessons.
- Day 05: We remain at the same campsite for more Yoga lessons.
- Day 06: We remain at the same campsite for more Yoga lessons.
- Day 07: Trek down to the village monastery.
- Day 08: We trek to a hilltop above a village of Tamang ethnic group. 4-5 hours trek. 2745 meters.
- Day 09: We remain in the beautiful spot to continue our yoga lessons.
- Day 10: We remain in the beautiful spot to continue our yoga lessons.
- Day 11: We remain in the beautiful spot to continue our yoga lessons.
- Day 12: Hike down to the village for meditation and Yoga practice at a Shiva Shrine.
- Day 13: We trek to a beautiful Sherpa village 2565 meters. 6 hours trek.
- Day 14: We will remain for further practical and theoritical Yoga lessons.
- Day 15: We will remain for further practical and theoritical Yoga lessons.
- Day 16: Trek to the vantage point.
- Day 17: One more day and night at the vantage point
- Day 18: We trek to a spot with a single shop in the middle of nowhere. 6-7 hours. 3150 meters.
- Day 19: We hike to a Sherpa village 6-7 hours. 2920 meters.
- Day 20: We remain at the same village for our last full day of yoga.
- Day 21: Trek for 4 hours and drive.
- Day 22: Fly back or continue drive back to Kathmandu.
- Day 23: Last day to sum up the past 3 weeks.
- Day 24: The outdoor yoga teacher training ends. OM OM Namaste.
- Boutique Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Mentioned sightseeing.
- Private vehicle when required.
- 3 men tent to be shared between 2 trekkers during the trekking part
- Expert Trek leader
- Trekking chef
- 1 Assistant guide per 4 trekkers
- Trekking Chef’s assistants
- Porters to carry all camping gear, food, and equipment
- All meals on the trek – the best and healthiest food in the whole of the Himalaya.
- Toilet Tent.