On this itinerary, we will visit lower mountainous areas of Khumbu district but very different from the famous trek to Everest base camp trail. Our founder Raj Tamang visited this region in 2016 to bring some money sent over by our client to help rebuild a village school, fund local women’s initiatives, etc. The village is inhabited by Rai ethnic groups who are incredibly humble and hospitable. You will get a sense of being in the real Nepalese village. The lifestyle in the communities is pretty shielded from the influences of tourism. The youths from this region form the backbone of the trekking and expedition industry along the Everest trail.
This trek is ideal for those who want to see real Nepal and stay in very basic lodges or people’s homes eating mostly local food consisting of rice, lentil soup, vegetables and occasionally meat or instant noodle soup, boiled potatoes, etc. However, we can send some supplies with our guide/trekking chef who can make a few variations of food even in these basic conditions. This trek is also ideal because it is at a relatively low altitude not exceeding 2500 meters above sea level. We would like to promote this area to help the poor people of this region and to lift their livelihood.
Here is a tentative itinerary, please note that the trekking hours are just a guideline for people who walk at a relaxed pace with plenty of stops to take photos, appreciated the views and the people.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu and transfer to hotel. Tour briefing before dinner at the hotel.
- Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley to see some of the heritage sites
- Day 03: Fly to Phaplu and trek to Rocti or Buri Danda.
- Day 04: Your day begins with a downhill walk down to Hinku river for about 3 hours where you cross over to the other side to start your uphill walk for about 90 minutes to Hulu Danda ( Hill). From here on you will walk on flat terrain for 30-60 minutes where you
- Day 05: Your start your morning by trekking past some forests, terraced fields and several spred out villages to Sotang, a town in which villagers from the surrounding settlements come to get their supplies, etc.
- Day 06: You will continue your flat walk passing bamboo bushes, fruit, and other cash crop farms till you get to the main village of Bung Village Development area.
- Day 07: You have another day of contouring in a flattish terrain past several villages until you arrive at one of our staff’s village of Namlung. Trekking hour for this day will be about 5 hours. You will be staying here or the next two nights.
- Day 08: You can go up a small hill which takes about 2.5 hours to appreciate views of some Himalayan peaks and the look at the villages you walked past the last few days. You come back to the village for lunch. The afternoon can be spent visiting the school (wher
- Day 09: You will be trekking down to the Hongku River, cross it and retrace your steps back to Sotang town for the night.
- Day 10: You will be making a slight detour from Sotang towards the village of Majh Khadka.
- Day 11: Retrace your steps back to Pawai and start a steep descent to Hinku River. From the bridge, you will retrace your steps uphill to Buri Danda. 6 hours trek.
- Day 12: You will be retracing part of the trail and make a turn off following mostly a fair weather road till the village of Nele where you will get into a jeep to go to Phaplu.
- Day 13: Morning fly back to Kathmandu.
- Day 14: Free day in Kathmandu
- Day 15: International departure
- 3 star hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- All transportation
- Guide from a village of this area
- Complimentary T-Shirt
- Use of trekking kit bag during trek
- All camping equipment
- All local porters to carry all camping and personal gear.
- Good clothing for porters and crew
- Food for porters & crew members (We are one of the few trekking companies that provide this facility)
- Insurance for crew and porters
- All permits
- All meals on trek (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Domestic airfare, all Transportation
- International airport taxes
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program