Stretching for 26 days, the Hidden Kingdom trek is one of our most extended Bhutanese treks, and one, which we have been successfully running every year since 1988. On this trek, our adventurers will experience everything from the fantastic mountain ranges in the Himalayas, to charming villages, monasteries and fortresses, and all in an area which is culturally unique, and unlike any other in the Himalaya. The trek starts from Paro, where we set off towards the Tibetan border into the northwestern corner of the Bhutanese Mountains. It takes us beneath Bhutan’s second highest mountain, Chomolhari (7,314m), and Jichu Drake (6,858m), first climbed during a British-Indian expedition in 1988. During the trek, you may see bears, eagles, herds of ‘blue sheep,’ and what the locals call a ‘Dredmo,’ the elusive Yeti - a large, hairy man-like creature who roams the nearby hillsides. On the first day and a half of the trek, we pass through many subalpine and semi-tropical forests, where we’ll see a wealth of plants, flowers, and many varieties of small birds. As we travel further, the main villages in the area are Gasa, Laya, and Lingshi, occupied by the mountain tribes, dressed in yak wool and conical, bamboo hats.
To reach the Hidden Kingdom, we cross many passes up to a staggering 5,000 m high and travel over a distance of 150 miles. However, during the trip, we’ll have many appropriate intervals and rest days, including a stay near the hot springs of Gasa. The Hidden Kingdom trek has proved to be very popular throughout the years and is undoubtedly one of the most exceptional trips throughout the whole Himalayas.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu
- Day 02: Free Day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Fly to Paro
- Day 04: Sightseeing in the Paro valley.
- Day 05: to 21: Trek Chomolhari-Lingshi-Laya-Gasa-Punakha
- Day 22: to 23: Drive to Thimpu and Paro
- Day 24: Fly to Kathmandu
- Day 25: Free day in Kathmandu.
- Day 26: International departure.
- Four nights in Boutique Hotel in Kathmandu on bed and basis
- Kathmandu Paro return airfare all transfers
- Meals on the trek and hotel
- Accommodation on twin sharing
- Entrance fee
- Local leader or Hire Raj
- Pack animals on the trek
- Food for porters & crew membersInsurance for crew and porters that includes helicopter evacuation when necessary and medical treatment
- Trek permit
- Park fees
- Staff insurance etc
- Sightseeing as indicated
- International airport taxes
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transfers outside of the tour program
- travel insurance (buy insurance)
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion
- Trip CostUS$ 6250
- Trip Difficulty Strenuous
- Min. Person4
- Transportation: Private vehicle and Flight
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek
- Accommodation: Lodge and Camping
- CODE: THKT-26
- FREQUENCY: ANYDAY
- Best Season: OCTOBER THROUGH MAY
- ALTITUDE: 4000 MTS.
- SUPPORT: YES