Singalila Trekking route falls along India and Nepal borders offers views of Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Lhotse, and Everest. The trail passes through thick Rhododendron forest.
The quaint hill station of Darjeeling reminiscent of the British Raj during the colonial times evokes romanticism. Located in the foothills of the Himalayas, Darjeeling is a fractured time capsule, where the past is alive in isolated pockets and modernity fast at its heels. From the choo-choos of its toy train to the green terraces of its tea estates, Darjeeling is the reigning ‘Queen of the Hills.’
It's neighbor Sikkim is an ex-kingdom that packs a punch for its size. Prayer flags fluttering in the wind above colorfully painted houses perched on hill-tops, Rhododendron blooms covered forests, exotic wildlife, and atmospheric monasteries make for an authentic Himalayan experience.
The Singalila Ridge in Darjeeling runs north towards Kanchenjunga, offering excellent easy and short hikes that provide stunning views of the mountain.
This one is our Mantra too…. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrive Delhi or Calcutta and connect flight to Bagdogra Airport
- Day 02: to 3: Sightseeing in Darjeeling
- Day 04: Morning after breakfast drive to Manabhanjyang (2134m/23 km/1 hrs)
- Day 05: After breakfast, we hit the trail uphill towards Kalapokhari (3108 m)
- Day 06: We rise early to view the magnificent sunrise over the Kanchenjunga massifs, Mt. Makalu, Lhotse and Mt. Everest
- Day 07: We rise early to greet the mountains
- Day 08: After breakfast, we gradually hike towards Rimbik(2286 m) through small villages of Ramam and Daragaon. Camp for the night.
- Day 09: After breakfast, go to the vehicle and drive to Darjeeling and check into Hotel Windermere. (AP). Rest of the day at disposal and free for shopping and at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 10: Morning after breakfast, drive to Gangtok (1600 m/98 km/4 hrs) through beautiful
- Day 11: Morning one-hour drive on steep winding roads to the Rumtek Monastery(24 km/01 hrs) Morning one-hour drive on steep winding roads to the Rumtek Monastery(24 km/01 hrs)
- Day 12: After breakfast hike to Kecheodpalri Lake
- Day 13: After breakfast drive south along the meandering Rangeet Khola River to Kalimpong (1588 m/85 km/2.5 hrs)
- Day 14: Morning hike up to Dr. Grahams' School
- Day 15: After breakfast, drive down south via Siliguri to Bagdogra Airport (118m/76 km/3 hrs) for the flight to Delhi or Calcutta for the international flight.
- 3 star hotel where available
- Experienced regional leader and porters on the trek
- Trek permit
- Park fees
- Staff insurance
- All mentioned transportation
- Sightseeing as indicated
- Airport taxesVisas
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- travel insurance (buy insurance)
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion