A perfect trek if you do not have the time to do the regular trek to the Everest base camp. This trek is designed to hike to EBC and fly out in a chartered helicopter. This Everest Base Camp trekking package has been designed to offer views uniquely different from what other trekking companies provide. We do this by taking trekkers to the base of one of the most beautiful mountains in the region – Amadablam. Trekkers rarely visit the base camp at Amadablam, and the hike up to Amadablam base camp takes you along the tree line into a high altitude alpine forest and through summer pastures with stunning views of the Maha Langgur range. This cannot be seen from the main trail to Everest Base Camp. We also bypass the congested Tengboche Monastery area, and trekkers stay at the village of Pangboche, where the “responsible” in our adventures brings business to the lodge owners here who are in need of the income.
This trek follows in the famous footsteps of Everest’s greatest climbing parties, once above the tree line; the scenery is stark but spectacular. In the distance, set with Ama Dablam, Everest and other mountains behind, we can view the incredible monastery at Tengboche in a unique setting.
Our goal is to climb Kala Pathar (5,545 m), for the ultimate view of Mt. Everest, where the spirit of this mountain legend can be captured and savored. Your experienced Group Leader and assistant Guides make your health and welfare a priority throughout this trek while providing everything possible for a safe and memorable adventure. Flying out by helicopter also saves you several days of walking back down the same trail, making the end of this adventure all the more relaxing.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, Check-in, and then an Adventure briefing with the group
- Day 02: Fly to Lukla, and then trek to Phakding (2,840 m) with an overnight stay (3-hour walk)
- Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 m) with an overnight stay (5-hour walk)
- Day 04: Acclimatization walk to Khumjung village, visit The Monastery with
- Day 05: Trek to Pangboche via the famous Thyangboche monastery (3790 m) and the Deboche Nunnery with an overnight stay (7 hours walk)
- Day 06: Hike to Amadablam base camp, where we continue to climb to an altitude of 5000 m, which is perfect for further acclimatization, and also gives us a chance to follow trails only taken by mountaineers and village herders. (6-7 hours walk) Overnight in Lodge
- Day 07: Trek to Dingboche (4320 m) and towards Nakardzong Ridge with an overnight stay (5-6 hours walk)
- Day 08: Trek to Lobuche (4900 m) with overnight rest (5-6 hours)
- Day 09: Trek to Kalapathar and overnight stay at Gorakshep (5120 m) 5-6 hours of hiking.
- Day 10: Helicopter pickup and shuttle to Pheriche, and then fly back to Kathmandu
- Day 11: International departure day
Isabelle SuaveCanadaPublished: Friday, May 4, 2018The great thing for someone like me is that I only read "what to bring" and hardly anything about what this trek was all about..... I was amazed, mesmerised by the Rhododendron forest, the flowing streams, the breathtaking mountain views,…Continue
Jia Jia KohSingaporePublished: Wednesday, February 22, 2017Responsible Adventure lives up to its name in providing high-quality treks that are safe and responsible to both clients and the local community, Raj and his team of guides are very knowledgeable of the local terrain and cultures, and ensures…Continue
Dave CostaAustraliaPublished: Wednesday, September 7, 2016We did a 28 day trek through Kathmandu and then up to Everest base camp. Raj was quite simply the best guide and organiser I have ever come across. He has a western way of thinking and really understood what…Continue
Kiran KhanAustraliaPublished: Monday, August 29, 2016If you are travelling to the Everest/Nepal region and are looking for a guide or trekking company, I would highly recommend Responsible Adventures. They were very professional, spoke immaculate English and were knowledgeable in the area and we had a great…Continue
- Boutique hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- Hotel/ Lodges on twin sharing basis
- All transportation
- Responsible Adventures' expert trek leader
- Complimentary T-Shirt
- Use of trekking kit bag during trek
- 1 Assistant guide between 4 trekkers
- 1 porter between two trekkers
- Good clothing for porters and crew
- Food for porters & crew members (We are one of the few trekking companies that provide this facility)
- Insurance for crew and porters
- All permits
- Twin sharing room on trek
- All meals on trek (best trekking meals in the whole of the Himalaya)
- Domestic airfare.
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion
- Items of a personal nature e.g. alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenir etc.
- Helicopter charter US$ 7500 to be shared between 4-5 trekkers.
Dates & Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Cost||Status||Booking|
|27 November, 2018||07 December, 2018||US $2350||Guaranteed|