Short Annapurna Circuit trek with Tilicho Lake takes us to one Nepal’s highest lake in the Manang District. This “classic” journey of Annapurna Circuit combined with Tilicho Lake Trek starts with a drive to Besisahar in the paddy fields of the lowland, gaining altitude steadily along the Marshyangdi River. It passes through oak and pine forests and eventually emerging into high altitude desert country at Manang (3597 m.) and above. These days there is a fair weather road from Besisahar all the way to Manang. However, we only drive to Chyamje to allow our bodies to adjust to the altitude slowly.
We stay an extra night at Manang to allow acclimatization by taking a hike to a higher elevation.
From Manang, we move away from the main trail towards Khangsar village and further on to Tilicho Basecamp where there are a few lodges. We hike up to Tilicho Lake, which takes about 3 hours and an altitude gain of some 750 meters. It is a fantastic environment by the lake with the Lake appearing a beautiful Turquoise on sunny days. It is a reasonably large Lake, which is 4 km in length and the deepest part, is 85 meters deep. We retrace our steps to Tilicho Basecamp, upper Khangsar, cross the Marsyangdi River to join the main trail again the following day on to Thorung high camp.
The 1600 meters descent from Thorung La pass 5416 meters is equally amazing and varied. The trail from the pass takes Marsyangdi towards the Kali Gandaki valley and descends through the village of Muktinath. We trek to Jomsom the next day. It is a short day of hiking. The trek ends in Jomsom. Jomsom lies in the windy Kali Gandaki valley below the towering Mount Nilgiri 7061 meters. We fly out to Pokhara the next morning.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with an unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrival and transfer to hotel in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Kathmandu to Chyamche via Besisahar by private vehicle.
- Day 03: Trek to Danakyu (2300m) 6 to 7 hours
- Day 04: Trek to Chame (2630m) 5 hours
- Day 05: Trek to Pisang (3190m) 5 hours
- Day 06: Trek to Manang (3500m) 5 hours (Lower Route) or 7 to 8 hours (Higher Route)
- Day 07: Manang – Acclimatization day.
- Day 08: Manang to Tilicho Base Camp 4170 m.
- Day 09: Explore Tilicho Lake & back to Shree Kharka (4,180 m.) 7-8 hours walk.
- Day 10: Shree Kharka to Leddar. 4200 m. 5-6 hours walk.
- Day 11: Yak Kharka to High Camp (4800 m.) 5-6 hours walk.
- Day 12: Thorung Phedi high camp to Muktinath (3760 m.) 8-9 hours walk.
- Day 13: Muktinath to Jomsom (2,700 m.) 6-7 hours walk.
- Day 14: Jomsom to Pokhara by flight.
- Day 15: Pokhara / Kathmandu flight.
- Day 16: Departure Transfer.
- Boutique hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- Boutique hotel in Pokhara on bed and breakfast basis
- Hotel/ Lodges while trekking on twin sharing basis
- All transportation
- Responsible Adventures' Expert Trek leader (Click to watch video of trek leaders)
- Complimentary T-Shirt
- Use of trekking kit bag during trek
- 1 Assistant guide between 4 trekkers
- 1 porter between two trekkers
- Good clothing for porters and crew
- Food for porters & crew members (We are less then handful of trekking companies that provide this facility)
- Insurance for crew and porters
- All permits
- Twin sharing room on trek
- All meals on trek (best trekking meals in the whole of the Himalaya)
- Domestic airfare.
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Tips(suggested amount US$70 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion
- Items of a personal nature e.g alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenir etc.