Rupshu Valley Trek-Ladakh, Northern India. Himalayan summer trekking in northern India's Ladakh district, known as "Little Tibet."
The Rupshu region in the south-east of Ladakh is the western fringe of the Chang Tang, a vast plateau that spreads hundreds of kilometers across Tibet. It is a starkly beautiful region of high altitude arid plains, gentle mountain ranges and saltwater lakes such as Tso ( Lake ) Kar and Tso Moriri. As on the Chang Tang, its inhabitants are mostly nomads.
This is one of Ladakh’s protected areas which was opened to tourists only from 1994. It is one of Ladakh's most fragile environments where uncontrolled tourism is causing severe problems. The areas around Tso Kar and Tso Moriri are the nesting grounds for some of the endangered species of birds like the Bar Headed Geese, Pochard and the critically endangered Black Necked Crane to name a few. Some of the tamest Tibetan wild asses can be seen in the Rupshu valley.
Experience of a traditional Tibetan Buddhist culture undisturbed by the Cultural Revolution Ancient, yet active monasteries where monks go about their daily lives, and beautiful artwork enhances rustic interiors Trekking through one of the most remote areas of the Greater Himalaya in a landscape of plunging canyons and verdant river bottoms.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: to 2: Arrive in Delhi around midnight. An extra day to relax and get rid of the jet lag
- Day 03: to 4: Fly to Leh / Explore 3500m
- Day 05: to 6: Drive to Drive to Nubra valley via Khardung-la 5600m. Various activities such as walks, visiting monasteries and Bactrian camel ride.
- Day 07: Drive back to Leh.
- Day 08: Drive to Rumtse on the Leh-Manali highway. Camp 4130m
- Day 09: Trek to Kyamar. 4383m 5 hours
- Day 10: Trek to Tisaling 4800 via Kyamar-la 4870m and Mandalchan-la 4996m 7 hours
- Day 11: Trek to Pangunagu (Tso Kar 4398m) via Shibuk-la 5016m 6-7 hours
- Day 12: Trek to Nuruchan.4500m 5 hours
- Day 13: Trek to Rachungkaru 4668m Via Horlamkongka-la pass 4900m.
- Day 14: Trek Gyamalhoma 4895m via Kyamur-la 5125m 6-7 hours
- Day 15: to 17: Trek to Korzok village by lake Tso Moriri 4500m via Yalangyugu-la 5100m
- Day 18: Fly back to Delhi, tour ends
- 'A' class hotel in Leh
- All meals throughout the tour
- Experienced regional leader and porters on the trek
- Trek permit
- Park fees
- Staff insurance
- Sightseeing as indicated
- International airport taxes
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transfers outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (buy insurance)
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion
- Domestic flight Leh-Delhi- Leh (Book early for cheaper airfare)
Dates & Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Cost||Status||Booking|
|03 September, 2019||20 September, 2019||US $2500||Guaranteed|
|24 September, 2019||11 October, 2019||US $2500||Guaranteed|