Nar Phu Valley Trek is inarguably one of the off the beaten track and least visited areas in West Nepal. Since it was opening in 2003, very few visitors have been in this wild, exotic and sparsely populated valleys of Nar and Phu, offering intriguing medieval Tibetan culture and customs remain untouched and along with breathtaking mountains views.
The restricted area of Nar Phu Valley can only be accessed with a special permit issued to an authorized trekking agency, which will also provide the essential logistics for the trekking tour. The trek has to be completed in seven days because that is the period the permit is issued for.
Beginning the Journey
Our journey starts with a drive to Koto, is a little village on the crossroads of the main Annapurna circuit trail and the trail into the Nar Phu valleys. We take them off the beaten track route via a deep narrow river valley; North of the Annapurna range.
We have a week of acclimatizing and exploring the subalpine forests, mysterious valleys, and narrow river valleys with the presence of a robust Tibetan Buddhist Culture along with ever-increasing wildlife - we might even spot the elusive snow leopard on the hike to the village of Nar.
We hike on a barren trail to high camp at the base of Kang La pass, also known as Kang La Phedi 4530m. We climb steep gradually on a steep ascent which leads to the summit of Kang La pass 5320m. We can be rewarded with spectacular views of the Annapurna range and the Marshyangdi valley from the top. We will have a 360-degree panorama on a clear day. Kang La is the gateway from the remote Nar/Phu valley into the ever-famous Marshyangdi valley. We have a steep descend all the way to the village of Ngawal 3615m. We are now on the main trail of the Annapurna circuit trek.
Some of the towering peaks that can be seen from the summit of Kang La are Lamjung Himal, Annapurna II. Annapurna IV and Annapurna III, to name a few. We will be looking at the North Face of the Annapurna Range.
From Ngawal, We drive to Besisahar where we stop for the night. We continue our overland journey the following day all the way to Kathmandu.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells, and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu/ Transfer to hotel/ welcome dinner
- Day 02: Half-day guided sightseeing tour/ lunch/ trek briefing
- Day 03: Drive to Koto (2600m). Drive approx. 10 hours +. Overnight lodge
- Day 04: Trek to Meta (3550m). 6/7 hours. Camp.
- Day 05: Trek to Chyaku or Kyang (3750m ) 3-4 hours. Camp
- Day 06: Trek to Phu (4240m). 4 hours. Camp
- Day 07: Rest at Phu. Camp
- Day 08: Trek to Nar Phedi (3500m). 7/8 hours.
- Day 09: Trek to Nar ( 4100m). 3/4 hours. Camp
- Day 10: Trek to Kangla Phedi (4500m ). 3 hours. Camp. This will be the evening when your meals will be provided in your tent as the teahouse here is smoky, it will be one evening of inconvenience.
- Day 11: Trek to Ngawal (3660m ) via Kangla Pass (5320 ). 9/10 hours. Overnight Lodge
- Day 12: Drive to Besisahar. Overnight Besisahar. 9-10 hours drive. Overnight hotel.
- Day 13: Drive to Kathmandu. 5 hours. Overnight Moonlight.
- Day 14: International departure
- Boutique Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Mentioned sightseeing.
- Private vehicle to Besisahar and a chartered jeep to Chyamje on day 3.
- 2 men tent for the trekking art from Koto onwards
- Expert Trek leader or hire Raj
- Trekking chef
- 1 Assistant guide per 4 trekkers
- Chef’s assistants
- Porters to carry all camping gear, food, and equipment
- All meals on the trek – the best and healthiest food in the whole of the Himalaya.
- Toilet Tent.
- Nepal visa
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Bottled drinks
- Trip CostUS$ 2000
- Trip Difficulty Challenging
- Min. Person2
- Transportation: Private Vehicle
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek
- Accommodation: Lodge and Camping
- Starting Elevation: 2600 m
- Peak Elevation: 5320 m
- Best Season: Mar/ Apr/May & Oct/ Nov/Dec