Mount Kailash is known as the sacred mountain of Tibet and the center of the spiritual universe to millions of Tibetans. The mountain is one of the worlds most elusive and exotic pilgrimage sites, and because of its remote location on the plateau, it's only visited by approximately one hundred pilgrims per year.
At Responsible Adventures, we are experts in the area and are happy to provide the one in a lifetime pilgrimage for individuals, groups, and families. We start the trip with a few days of touring the capital city of Lhasa, and local towns of Gyantse and Shigatse, which is not only an experience in itself but also helps to acclimatize adventures for the journey ahead. We then drive out to Mount Kailash, hopefully arriving at Darchen or Lake Manasarovar on a full moon day, which are the best days to visit Mount Kailash, because of the auspicious nature of the full moon in many cultures.
As with all out treks, you will be accompanied by an expert Trek leader during your trek, as well as trekking chefs, which ensure you're supplied with the best local food throughout, and your tip is not only safe but fun.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu
- Day 02: Visa application
- Day 03: Fly Lhasa, one hour flight. 45 minutes driving to the city hotel
- Day 04: Lhasa
- Day 06: Gyantse – Kumbum
- Day 07: Drive on to Shigatse, 90 km
- Day 08: Drive to Saga, 310 Kms, 3.5 hours driving
- Day 09: Manasarovar, 495 Kms, 6-7 hours driving
- Day 10: Rest at Manasarovar.
- Day 11: Darchen, 35 km, 1 hour
- Day 12: to 13: Kora
- Day 14: Finish Kora, Saga. Overnight at Hotel Saga with the luxury of a hot shower.
- Day 15: Drive to Zhangmu, cross the border and continue to Kathmandu. 10-11 hours driving
- Day 16: Spare day in case of delays on the trip
- Day 17: International Departure.
Gillian & AndyNew ZealandPublished: Wednesday, August 24, 2016In 2012 a group of us assembled in Kathmandhu, then undertook a pilgrimage to Mt. Kailash in Western Tibet. Raj and his team took care of everthing - ranging from the screes of paperwork required by the authorities in Tibet,…Continue
Mandy HayNew ZealandPublished: Tuesday, August 23, 2016Top-notch guides who were both personal and professional guided us in the Nepalese and Tibetan mountain ranges. Their experience, professionalism and confidence was completely undeniable. I would highly recommend Raj and his team. We were in expert hands.Continue
Peter WaughNew ZealandPublished: Saturday, May 14, 2016Great trip .Awesome guide and buddy in Raj. His team were superb including the cooks drivers, yak drivers and local guide Brilliantly well organized and flexible enough to adjust when we wanted to do or add something differentContinue
- Airport pick up and drop off. 4 in total for the entire trip
- Boutique Hotel 3-4 star category in Kathmandu. Upgrade to 5 star hotel - Extra US$700 per room for 4 nights. This cost can be share between 2 persons.
- 2 persons. Accommodation on twin Sharing basis with breakfast at 3 star hotels in Tibet on days 3,4,5,6,7 and day 14 (Total 6 nights) Upgrade top Deluxe hotel - Extra US$750 per room for 5 nights. This cost can be share between 2 persons.
- Two men tent during camping. You can book a bed in guest houses. One bed for 6 nights US$100. Note: The standard of the guest houses varies from being very rustic to some of the newer guesthouses with double glazed windows.
- Expert tour leader
- Trekking chef and helper according to group size,
- Freshly cooked breakfast and dinner with pack lunches for the day
- Kitchen, Dining & Toilet tents
- Van or bus according to group size.
- English speaking Tibetan Guide, Monastery entrance fees,
- Portable Altitude Chamber.
- Kailash permit and Normal Tibet permit with entrance fees for sightseeing of monuments as indicated.
- Airfare Kathmandu - Lhasa book early for cheaper airfare.
- Visas - Nepal -30 day multiple entry US$40
- Tibet Visa For All nationals except U.S Nationals US$85 Tibet visa for U.S Nationals US$175
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu, Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time,Transfers outside of the tour program,
- Travel insurance (buy insurance),
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion