Trekking through Markha valley of Ladakh in India involves crossing over two high passes namely, Gandala 4980 meters and Gongmaru-la 5100 meters. The trekking trail passes through a vast swathe of high altitudes sheltered from rain-bearing clouds of Indian Monsoon making it an ideal summer trekking destination in the Himalayas.
The Markha Valley trek is one of the most beautiful in Ladakh and entails crossing of the Zanskar River by trolley or Jola bridge at the village of Chilling. The trail winds through several communities in the Sham and Markha valley, high and wild pass of Ganda La and Hemis National Park, home to the most famous monastery of Ladakh. We have designed this trek in a way that we lose the crowd for a few days on this trek by setting up our campsite away from regular stops. You will enjoy nature almost to your selves for these few secluded evenings.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with an unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrive in Delhi around midnight. You will be met and transferred to the domestic terminal for the connection flight to Leh.
- Day 02: Fly to Leh / Explore 3500 m. The morning of the day you arrive in Leh it is best for you to rest and allow your body to acclimatize. You will be taken for a walk around the 'city' center.
- Day 03: A full day's sightseeing tour. We visit some of the area's most important monasteries at Shey and Thikse, for example.
- Day 04: Today, we drive up to the Khardung La (5380 m / 17,650ft), one of the world's highest road passes. Great views of the Karakoram peaks, then return to the hotel in Leh.
- Day 05: Drive to Spituk Monastery / Begin Trek Camp at Jingchen.3400m. It is just a short drive via Spituk Monastery and the start of our trek at Lato. We have a comfortable first day via the Jingchan Gorge to our camp at Rumbak (3800 m / 12,467ft).
- Day 06: Trek to Ganda-La Base. 4650 m. Another short day of trekking as we pass through the village of Yurutse to a camp at the foot of the Ganda La (4380 m / 14,370ft).
- Day 07: Trek to Shingo Via Ganda-La Pass 4890 m 4150 m. Today, we make the steep hike up to the Ganda La (4900 m / 16,076ft) and a short 5-hour trek to Shingo. On this day we will miss most of the other trekkers as they go further on a rather long day till Skiu.
- Day 08: Trek to Pentse. 3500 m. We start our morning trekking downhill in the deep gorge till we reach the Markha Valley at Skiu. We will walk along a flattish path to once again a lesser used camping ground avoiding most of the other trekkers.
- Day 09: Trek to Markha. 3700 m. What is another long day for most trekkers is shortened by the previous day's walk? The trek beside the Markha River leads through several isolated hamlets to Markha Village (3800 m / 12,476ft).
- Day 10: Trek to Tachungtse. 4200 m. Still following the river and crossing it on a couple of occasions, we trek past the highest village in the valley at Hangkar continuing to Tachungtse. We camp much higher than all the other trekkers high above giving us a sens
- Day 11: Trek to Nimaling. 4700 m. We leave the last of the settlement behind today and trek up onto the Nimaling Plain, to a camp (4600 m / 15,100ft) beneath the peak of Kang Yatze.
- Day 12: Trek to Chuskirmo Via Gonmaru-la pass 5100 m 4100 m. Trekking on a zig-zag trail, we cross the Kongmaru La (5100 m / 16,732ft) and descend through a rocky gorge to Chuskirmo.
- Day 13: Trek to Martselang / Visit Hemis Monastery & Return to Leh. Descending the steep, rocky valley to Hemis, there is time to explore this important monastery before driving back to the hotel in Leh.
- Day 14: Leh
- Day 15: Fly to Delhi. Tour Ends.
Caroline HollisUnited StatesPublished: Friday, April 20, 2018Highly recommend Responsible Adventures for their local knowledge, reliability, and attention to the customer. Raj was extremely responsive to emails and inquiries, and planned a great itinerary for us. When trekking at high altitude, it's invaluable to be traveling with…Continue
- 'A' class hotel in Leh
- All meals throughout the tour
- Experienced regional leader and porters on the trek
- Trek permit
- Park fees
- Staff insurance
- Sightseeing as indicated
- International airport taxes
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transfers outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (buy insurance)
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion
- Domestic flight Leh-Delhi- Leh (Book early for cheaper airfare)
Dates & Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Cost||Status||Booking|
|14 September, 2019||28 September, 2019||US $1800||Guaranteed|