Imagine Hiking up to the height of 4500 meters to Mardi Himal Basecamp and then flying off tandem on a paraglider to Pokhara. Yeah! It is now a reality. Responsible Adventures has teamed up with the best paragliding pilots in Nepal to do a unique adventure combination of Trekking and Paragliding trip. The Paragliding pilots have been named the NATGEO adventurer of the year 2012. They are Sano Babu Sunuwar and Lakpa Tseri Sherpa. These two Nepali guys climbed Everest, took off on a paraglide from the Summit all the way to the Sun Koshi river and kayaked all the way to the Bay of Bengal setting a new world record. You will be paragliding with the adventurer legends. The paraglide pilot meets us on day six hiking all the way from Pokhara for the flight the next day.
The Trek to Mardi Himal has only been favorite in recent years. Previously only expedition style trekking used to be run on this route by some trekking companies of Nepal and the individual hikers stayed off this trail as there were not much lodging facilities. Thanks to some enterprising locals, now the path has some lodges and guest houses making it possible for FIT to trek in this route. The trail takes you east of Annapurna Base camp trail and eventually to the Mardi Himal Basecamp very close to Mount Fishtail.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu to be met and transferred to your hotel.
- Day 02: Fly to Pokhara. Pothana 1900 meters or Pitam Deurali 2300 meters.
- Day 03: Pothana to Forest Camp (Kokar) 2600 meters.
- Day 04: Forest Camp / Kokar to Badal Danda 3250 meters.
- Day 05: Badal Danda to High Camp 3550 meters.
- Day 06: Mardi take-off point 4500 to Pokhara.
- Day 07: High Camp to Pokhara
- Day 08: You have the options of either just chilling out, shopping, taking a boat ride. Late afternoon flight back to Kathmandu.
- Day 09: Morning tour of Swayambhunath Temple, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Ason Market ending in Thamel – the tourist hub for lunch.
- Day 10: Breakfast at Hotel and free until International Departure.
Samantha KangSingaporePublished: Tuesday, February 6, 2018Raj and his team at Responsible Adventures made our 10-day trek to Mardi Himal an exceptionally enjoyable one. Everything was well-taken care of, from ensuring that we got picked up and dropped off at the airport safely, to helping us…Continue
- Boutique hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- Boutique hotel in Pokhara on bed and breakfast basis
- Hotel/ Lodges on twin sharing basis
- All transportation
- Responsible Adventures' Expert Trek leader
- Complimentary T-Shirt
- Use of trekking kit bag during trek
- 1 porter between two trekkers
- Good clothing for porters and crew
- Food for porters & crew members (We are less then handful of trekking companies that provide this facility)
- Insurance for crew and porters
- All permits
- Twin sharing room on trek
- All meals on trek (best trekking meals in the whole of the Himalaya)
- Paraglide flight from High camp to Pokhara
- Domestic airfare.
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretionItems of a personal nature e.g alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenir etc.
Dates & Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Cost||Status||Booking|
|26 November, 2018||05 December, 2018||US $1950||Guaranteed|