The circuit of Mount Manaslu 8156 meters is gaining popularity rapidly. Mount Manaslu is the eight highest mountains in the world. Part of the Manaslu region's trails was restored after it was damaged by the massive earthquake of 25th April 2015. The local name for Manaslu is Kutang – Spirit Mountain. The government of Nepal only opened the Manaslu Circuit Trekking route to tourists in 1991. We start this trek by either taking a private jeep to Soti Khola to begin the trek. The trail begins with narrow valleys with tropical vegetation hiking along the Budi Gandaki River. Parts of the path are small with loose rocks used as steps, and several places can be potentially dangerous especially when you encounter passing caravans of mules.
We will pass through Machi Khola, Jagat, Ghap, Lho Gaun and Samagaon with impressive views of Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and other smaller peaks of 6000 meters. We spend an extra night at Samagaon to acclimatize to the altitude.
You will notice the change in the landscape becomes austere as we begin to gain altitude while at the same time people who were Hindus in the lower valleys and now you see Buddhists in the higher elevations.
We cross over Larke La into the District of Manang. Once we reach Dharapani, we are on the main Annapurna Circuit trail. Dharapani is where our trek ends; we drive back to Kathmandu in a private jeep.
Note: We completed this trek on the 17th of December 2016. You will need to be pretty fit to be able to do this trek. It is more difficult than the Annapurna circuit or Everest Base camp treks. The first 4 -5 days involves trekking in hot and humid weathers, even during the winter months. The length of the trek is between 6-10 hours at the beginning of the trek. The April 2015 earthquake has loosened the hills here, and landslides have taken place both during and post-monsoon.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu
- Day 02: 4×4 Jeep to SotiKhola (800m) 6-7 hours
- Day 03: Soti Khola to Machha Khola (890m). 6-7 hours
- Day 04: MachhaKhola to Jagat (1410m). 7-8 hours
- Day 05: Jagat to Deng (1800m). 8 hours
- Day 06: Deng to Namrung (2660m). 7-8 hours
- Day 07: Namrung to Lho Gham (3180m.). 6-7 hours.
- Day 08: Lho Gham to Samagaon (3530m)
- Day 09: Samagaon (rest day)
- Day 10: Samagaon to Samdo (3860)m. 4-5 hours
- Day 11: Samdo to Larkya Phedi (4480m)
- Day 12: Larkya Phedi to Bimthang (3720m). 8-10 hours
- Day 13: Bimthang to Gho or Tilje (2300m). 5-6 hours
- Day 14: Gho or Tilje – Dharapani
- Day 15: Drive to Kathmandu a private vehicle back to the capital.
- Day 16: Depart Kathmandu
Chris DowdingAustraliaPublished: Wednesday, December 21, 2016I trekked the Manaslu Circuit in Nepal with 2 friends. Responsible Adventures organised everything for us: food, accommodation, permits, water, guides, and porters to carry about 60% of our gear. Our job was to do the walking! I am reasonably…Continue
- Boutique hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- Hotel/ Lodges on twin sharing basis along trails
- All transportation
- Responsible Adventures' Expert Trek leader (Click to watch the video of trek leaders)
- Complimentary T-Shirt
- Use of trekking kit bag during the trek
- 1 Assistant guide between 4 trekkers
- One porter between two trekkers
- Proper clothing for porters and crew
- Food for porters & crew members (We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide this facility)
- Insurance for team and porters
- All permits
- Twin sharing room on the trek
- All meals on trek
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretionItems of a personal nature, e.g., alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenir, etc.
- Trip CostUS$ 2750
- Trip Difficulty Challenging
- ActivityLodge Trek
- Min. Person2
- Transportation: Private Vehicle
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek
- Accommodation: Lodges
- CODE: MCT-16
- FREQUENCY: ANYDAY
- BEST SEASON: SEPT-MAY
- ALTITUDE: 5135 METERS
- SUPPORT: YES