This trek has been designed to take you to some of the most stunning Sherpa villages within a short walking distance of Namche Bazaar - The Sherpa capital. The final objective of this trek is standing at the foot of the region’s most beautiful mountain, Amadablam. Ama Dablam means ’mother’s necklace’ – the overhanging glacier resembles a ‘dablang,’ which is a piece of traditional jewelry Sherpa women wear. We spend 11-nights in 6 ‘luxury’ properties in traditional architecture, that by far surpasses anything else that exists in the Khumbu region, and will enable you to trek in the shadow of Everest in excellent comfort. The lodges employ local staff, are ecologically friendly and have a high level of service. Bedrooms have beds with electric blanket, attached bathrooms with flushing toilets; they have landscaped gardens and a dining room/lounge/library for relaxation after your day's walk. If you are feeling well acclimatized to the altitude, you can even attempt to reach the staggering height of 5000m above Amadablam base while on this trek!
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, transfer to a Boutique Hotel.
- Day 02: Sightseeing tour of Bhaktapur.
- Day 03: Flight to Lukla
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441m).
- Day 05: Trek to Summit Lodge, TASHINGA (3450 m) 5 -6hrs via Khumjung village where we stop for lunch at the lodge owned by Phurba - one of the main characters of the documentary - SHERPA.
- Day 06: TREK TO THYANGBOCHE (3,860m) 2-3 hrs AND ON TO PANGBOCHE (3860m) 2-3 hrs.
- Day 07: DAY EXCURSION TO AMA DABLAM BASE CAMP (4,576m) 6-7 hrs approx.
- Day 08: Day excursion to Taboche Meadows (4380 m)
- Day 09: Trek to Tashinga (3,450m)- 4 hours walking.
- Day 10: TREK VIA KHUMJUNG AND KHUNDE TO MENDE (3,738m). 5 hrs.
- Day 11: TREK TO THAME (3,801m), RETURN TO MENDE 5 hrs. We have lunch at Apa Sherpa's lodge. Apa is the world record holder of the first 21 summits on Everest.
- Day 12: TREK TO MONJO LODGE 4 hrs
- Day 13: TREK VIA GUMILA MONASTERY TO LUKLA (9,000ft/2,743m) 5 hrs.
- Day 14: Farewell and flight back to Kathmandu and transfer to your city hotel
- Day 15: Free day in Kathmandu with an option of sightseeing. Farewell dinner in the evening.
- Day 16: International departure.
Wayne KillisteinUnited KingdomPublished: Friday, February 9, 2018Our AmaDablam summit bid was catered for into and at Base camp by Responsible Adventures, who gave us nothing but the friendliest and professional journey from beginning to the end, Raj, Chandra and Dil are some of the nicest people…Continue
Matthew BushUnited StatesPublished: Friday, December 8, 2017We recently returned from climbing AmaDablam in the Himalayas where we used "Responsible Adventures" to organize all our domestic stay and travel in addition to providing basecamp support (cooking, equipment, etc) for the duration of our expedition. This was not…Continue
Charlie ChambersUnited StatesPublished: Wednesday, December 6, 2017What an amazing experience with responsible Adventures! Thank-you so much to Raj, Dil and Chandra who,looked after us incredibly well, such a fantastic team. From the beginning (booking, permits, paperwork) and all the way through (internal flights, accommodation, food, trekking)…Continue
Darren SwiftUnited KingdomPublished: Monday, November 30, -0001Raj and him team provided an outstanding service and made us feel a part of the Responsible Adventures family! Chandra and Dil are enthusiastic, friendly and very helpful. With out these guys our trip would have had a different feel…Continue
Chris MarlowUnited KingdomPublished: Monday, November 30, -0001Prior to arriving in Kathmandu, Raj had organised all the paperwork & climbing permits for our trip to climb AmaDablam. On arrival we were met at the airport & transported to the Moonlight Hotel to begin our preparations for the…Continue
- A 5-star hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis on twin sharing basis
- All transportation
- Responsible Adventures' Expert Trek leader
- Complimentary T-Shirt
- Use of trekking kit bag during the trek
- 1 Assistant guide between 4 trekkers
- 1 porter between two trekkers
- Good clothing for porters and crew
- Food for porters & crew members (We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide this facility)
- Insurance for team and porters
- All permits
- All meals on trek.
- Domestic airfare.
- International airfare
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Tips(suggested amount; US$100 per week for staff only), Leader's tipping up to your discretion
- Items of a personal nature e.g alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenir etc.
- Trip CostUS$ 4500
- Trip Difficulty Moderate to Strenuous
- ActivityLuxury Lodge Trek
- Min. Person2
- Transportation: Private vehicle and Flight
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek
- Accommodation: Luxury Lodge Trek
- FREQUENCY: ANYDAY
- BEST SEASON: SEPT-MAY
- ALTITUDE: 4576 METERS
- SUPPORT: YES