Langtang Valley trek passes through the Langtang National Park. This trek rewards hikers with rich biodiversity found in the subtropical and alpine landscape. The forest covers more than 25% of the entire 1700 square kilometers of protected national parkland. Many famous Himalayan ranges such as Langtang and Langtang Linrung fall in this region.
There is great latitudinal variation, starting at 1,500 m. and ascending to the top of Mt. Langtang Lirung at 7,234 m. As a result, the park has immense ecological diversity. Our adventure begins in SyabruBesi, from where we will explore the valley on foot. The upper reaches of Langtang can be reached in four days of easy walking. Once above Langtang village and the monastery at Kyangjin, we can explore the high valley of LangshisaRi, Yala Peak and Tsergo, Ri. The upper villages of Langtang are inhabited by people of Tibetan descent, whereas the villagers of Dhunche, Bharkhu, and Syabru further down are home to the Tamang people. From there we descend to ThuloSyabru to head towards the Helambu region to the holy Gosainkunda Lake. The trail again descends to Laure Binayak to Sing Gompa, which houses a famous statue of the Green Tara, eventually concluding at Dhunche.
Infrastructures along the Langtang valley trek were significantly damaged during the April and May 2015 earthquake. The whole Langtang village was destroyed by an avalanche that came from Mount Langtang Lirung caused by the devastating earthquake. Numerous landslides were caused both during and post-earthquake by the monsoon that followed a couple of months later. Most of the trails are open for trekking and reconstruction is in progress as of December 2016.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu, Your Trek leader will meet you and transferred to your Hotel.
- Day 02: Kathmandu
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to SyabruBesi (1400m.) which takes about 9/10 hours.
- Day 04: SyabruBesi (1400m) - Lama Hotel (2450m) 4-5 hours.
- Day 05: Lama Hotel (2450m.) - Langtang village (3670m.) 5 hours, 1120m.
- Day 06: Langtang village (3670m.) Kyangjin Gompa (3900m.) 2 2 hours.
- Day 07: Exploration day in Kyangjin.
- Day 08: Kyangjin Gompa (3900m.)- Lama Hotel (2450m.) 5 hours.
- Day 09: Lama Hotel (2450m.) - ThuloSyabru (2350m.) 5 hours.
- Day 10: Thulo Syabru (2350m.) Sing Gompa (3330m) 5 hours.
- Day 11: Sing Gompa (3330m) Gosainkund (4320m) 4 - 5 hours.
- Day 12: Gosainkund (4320m) Chandanbari (Sing Gompa) at 3300m. 4 4 hours
- Day 13: Chandanbari (Sing Gompa) at 3300m. Dhunche (1960m) 4 4 hours
- Day 14: Drive from Dhunche to Kathmandu by bus, and it takes about eight to nine hours. It is a pleasant drive back to Kathmandu.
- Day 15: International Departure.
Jocelyn HeardNew ZealandPublished: Friday, May 4, 2018Having recently completed a 14 day visit to Nepal, to trek in the Langtang valley and to Gosainkund lakes with Responsible Adventures, AKA Not Just Treks, I would like to highly commend this company on many unique features. As a…Continue
Annabelle BabbageNew ZealandPublished: Friday, May 4, 2018Here, Organised Group is better than sorting oneself as I would usually do, and well worth the extra money! Seven of us ‘middle aged Kiwi ladies ‘ were extremely well looked after by Raj from Responsible Adventures [Not Just Treks]…Continue
Foo Chee ChangSingaporePublished: Friday, April 20, 2018Raj and his superbly run Responsible Adventures is my go-to when I do guided treks in Nepal, and when my friends ask for recommendations for trekking agencies. My experiences with Responsible Adventures have always been excellent - knowledgeable and accommodating…Continue
Annabelle Babbage TaurangaNew ZealandPublished: Friday, April 20, 2018Here, Organised Group is better than sorting oneself as I would usually do, and well worth the extra money! Seven of us ‘middle aged Kiwi ladies ‘ were extremely well looked after by Raj from Responsible Adventures . Extremely competent.Continue
- Boutique hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- Hotel/ Lodges on twin sharing basis on the trail
- All transportation
- Responsible Adventures' Expert Trek leader or Trek with Raj
- Complimentary T-Shirt
- Use of trekking kit bag during trek
- 1 Assistant guide between 4 trekkers
- 1 porter between two trekkers
- Good clothing for porters and crew
- Food for porters & crew members (We are less then handful of trekking companies that provide this facility)
- Insurance for crew and porters
- All permits
- Twin sharing room on trek
- All meals on trek
- International airport taxes
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion
Dates & Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Cost||Status||Booking|
|18 November, 2018||02 December, 2018||US $1898||Guaranteed|