This trekking tour takes place between Lamayuru and Alchi, and it is an excellent combination of ancient Buddhist Monasteries and the natural beauty of Ladakh. This relatively short trek starts at the Legendary Lamayuru Monastery which lies in lower Ladakh. Lamayuru was once a lake. It is believed that a monk who was taken aback by the natural beauty the body of water moved it up the hills leaving vacant the spot where the Monastery stands today. This 10th-century Buddhist monastery is one of the oldest in the region. Alchi is a unique monastery built in a deep location, unlike most Buddhist monasteries that are built on high ridges. This three-storeyed monastery from the 11th century lies close to the banks of the Indus River.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells, and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with unparalleled value-added service.
Why Choose Us? Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude. You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well. We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations. Overall we provide you with unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Delhi - Leh
- Day 02: Morning tour of Hemis, Thiksey and Shey Monasteries. Afternoon for getting the gear ready for the trek.
- Day 03: Leh -Lamayuru (3 ½ hrs drive)
- Day 04: Lamayuru to Wanla
- Day 05: Wanla to Base of Tar La Tour (4200 m) 8 hrs trek.
- Day 06: Base of Tar La to Tar (4300 m) via Tar La (5250 m)
- Day 07: Tar to Mang Gyu 5 hrs
- Day 08: Mang Gyu to Alchi - Leh 2 hrs
- Day 09: Leh – Delhi
- 'A' class hotel in Leh
- All meals throughout the tour
- Experienced regional leader or Hire Raj
- Pack animals on the trek
- Trek permit
- Park fees
- Staff insurance
- Sightseeing as indicated
- International airport taxes
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transfers outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (buy insurance)
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tips at your discretion
- Domestic flight Leh-Delhi- Leh (Book early for cheaper airfare)
- Trip CostUS$ 1200
- Trip Difficulty Moderate to Strenuous
- Min. PersonMin 02 and Max 18
- Transportation: Private Vehicle
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek
- Accommodation: Lodge and Camping
- Max altitude : 5250 m
- Trek start point: Leh
- Fixed Departures: Available