This trekking tour takes place between Lamayuru and Alchi, and it is an excellent combination of ancient Buddhist Monasteries and the natural beauty of Ladakh. This relatively short trek starts at the Legendary Lamayuru Monastery which lies in lower Ladakh. Lamayuru was once a lake. It is believed that a monk who was taken aback by the natural beauty the body of water moved it up the hills leaving vacant the spot where the Monastery stands today. This 10th-century Buddhist monastery is one of the oldest in the region. Alchi is a unique monastery built in a deep location, unlike most Buddhist monasteries that are built on high ridges. This three-storeyed monastery from the 11th century lies close to the banks of the Indus River.
- Day 01: Delhi - Leh
- Day 02: Morning tour of Hemis, Thiksey and Shey Monasteries. Afternoon for getting the gear ready for the trek.
- Day 03: Leh -Lamayuru (3 ½ hrs drive)
- Day 04: Lamayuru to Wanla
- Day 05: Wanla to Base of Tar La Tour (4200 m) 8 hrs trek.
- Day 06: Base of Tar La to Tar (4300 m) via Tar La (5250 m)
- Day 07: Tar to Mang Gyu 5 hrs
- Day 08: Mang Gyu to Alchi - Leh 2 hrs
- Day 09: Leh – Delhi