Just 3 hours north of Darjeeling Town, is the tiny former Kingdom of Sikkim. It is wedged between Tibet, Bhutan, and Nepal. Sikkim is still considered ‘Shangri-La' by many of those who have ventured to its remoteness, spectacular mountain terrain, exotic flora and fauna, fascinating old monasteries and the exotic cultural lifestyle.
This alluring enchantment is precisely what dreams are made of. Sikkim is a landlocked state with a new airport that has recently opened because of its mountainous terrain and no railway feasible because of the steep gradient. Only the determined travelers could start their journey from Bagdogra – the nearest airport (before the current one opened) and Siliguri, the closest railway terminal. Regardless of the starting point, it is still hours of road odyssey through winding and curving road to the capital, Gangtok of this beautiful elevated countryside.
Very few visitors venture out to visit Sikkim, and fewer still have time or inclination for treks and specialized tours. But for those who do have the patience and endeavor to discover more of this little kingdom will have their rewards with sights, sounds, and settings.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Trekking Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrive Delhi or Calcutta and connect flight to Bagdogra Airport
- Day 02: to 3: Sightseeing in Darjeeling
- Day 04: Morning after breakfast, drive to Gangtok (1600 m/98 km/4 hrs)
- Day 05: Morning one-hour drive on steep winding roads to the Rumtek Monastery(24 km/01 hrs)
- Day 06: Morning visit Pemayangtse Monastery and the small bazaar.
- Day 07: Start trek after breakfast through the dense semi-tropical forests
- Day 08: The trail does a steep climb through the rhododendron forests
- Day 09: Today the path makes a relatively approach with exceptional views of the Kanchenjunga Massif
- Day 10: The tracks today is almost even up to a small village
- Day 11: After breakfast, we climb up to Goechala Pass (5002 m)
- Day 12: Retrace the trail back to Thangsing. Camp for the night.
- Day 13: Descend to Phedang and then steep down towards Bakhim (2684 m/12 m/3.5 hrs). Camp for the night.
- Day 14: Retrace further to Yuksom at a leisurely pace
- Day 15: Drive Yuksom/Pemayangtse/ Bagdogra (137 k.m./5 hrs/118 m.) Fly To Delhi or Calcutta for international departure.
- 3 star hotel where available
- Experienced regional leader and porters on the trek
- Trek permit
- All meals on trek
- Park fees
- Staff inasurance
- Sightseeing as indicated
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion
- Items of a personal nature e.g alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenir etc.
Dates & Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Cost||Status||Booking|
|24 November, 2018||08 December, 2018||US $0||Guaranteed|