Kanchanjunga is the world's third highest mountain which stands at 8586 meters. We will trek through moss-laden forests with varieties of flora and fauna.
Kanchenjunga Base camp trekking trails go through a moss-laden forest with diverse flora and fauna, passing grazing mountain sheep, Tibetan villages. The forested areas of Sikkim are beautiful during Spring when flowers are in full bloom.
This is a strenuous trek which goes right up to Goecha La Pass at an elevation of 5000 m. It provides an exceptional view of the east face of Kanchenjunga (8535 m.), the third highest mountain in the world. The journey starts from Yuksom a small settlement within subtropical forests and goes through a vast expanse of yak pasture. It finally reaches the alpine region where dwarf shrubs thrive in abundance, and the temperature is quite extreme.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells, and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Free day.
- Day 03: Fly KTM/BIR or BDR - upon arrival met and transfer over to Darjeeling, and check into Hotel New Elgin or similar. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 04: Morning drive to Yuksom (1770 m/170 k.m./7 hrs), on reaching overnight at trekkers hut.
- Day 05: Start trek after breakfast. The trail goes through dense semi-tropical forests crossing streams occasionally. After a steep climb, we reach Tshoka (2745 m/5 hrs) for the camp.
- Day 06: The trail follows a steep climb through fascinating rhododendron forests
- Day 07: Comparatively easy trails with a very clear view of Kanchenjunga and its range of mountains
- Day 08: The trail fairly evens out towards a small village settlement
- Day 09: Early morning as the trek resumes, the trail climbs an uneven moraine with huge boulders of rocks. We get to see some exceptional views of the eastern face of Kanchenjunga. For Goechala Pass(5002 m.). Descend back to camp at Samiti Pokhari.
- Day 10: Retrace trail back to Thangsing. Camp for the night.
- Day 11: Descend to Phedang through a steep trail to Bakhim (2684m .3 hrs)
- Day 12: The last day on the path, we retrace it back to Yuksom (4 hrs.)at a leisurely pace. If time permits, we get to visit Dubi Monastery and a lake with tranquil surroundings nearby. Camp for the night.
- Day 13: A day for adjustment and acclimatization en route.
- Day 14: Transfer to Bhadrapur or Biratnagar for final departure. End of the tour.
- Day 15: Free day In Kathmandu.
- Day 16: International Departure.
Scott LastUnited StatesPublished: Friday, April 20, 2018Our 5 day trek from Yuksam to Dzongri to view Khangchendzonga (3rd highest peak in the world at 28,169 feet) far exceeded our expectations. Raj (the CEO and our guide) was knowledgeable, friendly, professional, well prepared and able to adapt…Continue
- A 3-star hotel in towns with breakfast
- Experienced regional leader or hire Raj
- Pack animals or porters on the trek
- Trek permit
- Park fees
- Staff insurance
- All mentioned transportation
- Sightseeing as indicated
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tips at your discretion
- Airport taxes
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (buy insurance)
- Tips and items of a personal nature
- No departure, gallery pics
- Trip CostUS$ 2000
- Trip Difficulty Challenging
- Min. Person4
- Transportation: Private Vehicle
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek
- Accommodation: Lodge and Camping
- CODE: KBCT-16
- FREQUENCY: ANYDAY
- BEST SEASON: SEPT-MAY
- ALTITUDE: 5002 METERS MTS.
- SUPPORT: YES