This low altitude trek (highest altitude is 3250m) on the Annapurna foothills is devised explicitly for families. On our Nepal family trekking holiday, we include time in traditional Hindu villages, where the local children regard the Himalayas as their playground. Our fully supported lodge to lodge program allows us to enjoy in the comfort of staying in teahouses. Each place we stop, we can join our delightful crew playing board or card games or even volleyball and cricket. There will also be time to visit the local schools and markets where cultural horizons are so different from your own. In all, there are many opportunities and learning experiences to keep both you and your children occupied while getting enthralled.
During this introductory graded trek, we hike through magnificent oak and rhododendron forests as we ascend to alpine meadows that provide spectacular views of the Annapurna Range. We travel towards Chitwan National Park where everyone feels youthful again as you ride atop elephants in search of rhino and the rare Royal Bengal tiger, after completing our trek.
For added comfort, convenience and safety we are one of the few operators to provide the best meals on trek. Who wants to search for a hygienic & hearty dinner after a hard days trekking? Our trained chefs will cater to your family's dietary requirements and ensure a high level of hygiene along with the most varied along with the healthiest meals in the Himalayas.
What's included on our Nepal family holiday?
12 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 9 dinners, flight Kathmandu/Pokhara, airport transfers, expert bilingual guide, group, boutique quality accommodation in Kathmandu, 2 nights accommodation at a lovely resort in Chitwan, trek pack including trek kit bag, complimentary t-shirt , private transportation, all park entrance fees and trekking permits, porters to carry all personal and group equipment, Porter's insurance, sightseeing in Kathmandu, all entry fees.
- Day 01: Join Kathmandu
- Day 02: In Kathmandu, sightseeing Kathmandu Valley
- Day 03: Fly to Pokhara
- Day 04: to 6:
- Day 07: Trek to Birethanti, drive back to Pokhara
- Day 08: to 9:
- Day 10: Return to Kathmandu
- Day 11: Free day in Kathmandu
- Day 12: Trip concludes in Kathmandu
Shea StanleyHong KongPublished: Tuesday, January 23, 2018Raj and his team put together an amazing itinerary for my family (including two kids aged 6 and 8). He organized a family-friendly trek with some of the most magnificent views in the world. Traveling with kids on a trek…Continue
Andrew StanleyUnited StatesPublished: Monday, January 22, 2018Having just returned from a month in Nepal, I am reflecting on just how spectacular our trip on the Annapurna Circuit (Ghorepani-Poon Hill trek). The first half of the trip was with the entire family (my wife, our 8-year old…Continue
Robert UnderwoodHong KongPublished: Tuesday, November 1, 2016(actually visited in May/June-ish 2013, but the TripAdvisor app doesn't have an option to go that far back.) My father and I did a trek along the route incorporating Ghorepani several years back and had an incredible time. I have…Continue
- Boutique hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- Hotel/ Lodges during trekking on twin sharing basis
- Responsible Adventures' Expert Trek leader or Trek with Raj
- Use of trekking kit bag during trek
- Good clothing for porters and crew
- Insurance for crew and porters
- Twin sharing room on trek
- Domestic airfare (Where Applicable)
- Boutique hotel in Pokhara on bed and breakfast basis
- All transportation
- Complimentary T-Shirt
- 1 Assistant guide between 4 trekkers
- 1 porter between two trekkers
- Food for porters & crew members (We are less then handful of trekking companies that provide this facility)
- All permits
- All meals on trek
- International airport taxes
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Items of a personal nature e.g alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenir etc.
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion