This low altitude trek (maximum altitude is around 3250m) in the Annapurna foothills is devised explicitly for families. On our Nepal family holiday, we include time in the traditional Hindu villages, where the local children regard the Himalaya as their playground. Our fully supported camping program allows us to get away from the busier tea-house trails. Each campsite we join our delightful crew and the villagers in dancing, singing, and games of volleyball and cricket. There is also time to visit the local schools and markets where cultural horizons are so different from our own. In all, there are many activities and learning experiences to keep both you and your children occupied and enthralled.
During this introductory graded trek, we appreciate the magnificent oak and rhododendron forests as we ascend to alpine meadows that afford spectacular views of the Annapurna Range. After completing our trek, we travel to the Chitwan National Park where everyone feels young again as you ride atop elephants in search of rhino and the rare Bengal tiger.
For added comfort, convenience and safety we are one of the few operators to provide all meals on trek. Who wants to search for a hygienic & hearty dinner after a hard days trekking? Our trained chefs will cater for your family's dietary requirements and ensure a high level of hygiene.
What's included on our Nepal family holiday 12 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 9 dinners, flight Kathmandu/Pokhara, airport transfers, expert bilingual guide, group medical kit, excellent quality accommodation in Kathmandu, 2 nights accommodation at Chitwan Jungle Lodge, trek pack including trek kit bag, complimentary t-shirt , private transportation, all park entrance fees and trekking permits, porters to carry all personal and group equipment, Porter's insurance, sightseeing in Kathmandu, site entry fees.
- Day 01: Join Kathmandu
- Day 02: In Kathmandu, sightseeing Kathmandu Valley
- Day 03: Fly to Pokhara
- Day 04: to 6: Ascend trails through Gurung villages and temperate forest to gain uninterrupted views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Ranges
- Day 07: Trek to Birethanti, transfer Pokhara
- Day 08: to 9: Transfer to Chitwan National Park for jungle walks and elephant safari to view wildlife and birdlife.
- Day 10: Return to Kathmandu
- Day 11: Free day in Kathmandu
- Day 12: Trip concludes in Kathmandu
Shea StanleyHong KongPublished: Tuesday, January 23, 2018Raj and his team put together an amazing itinerary for my family (including two kids aged 6 and 8). He organized a family-friendly trek with some of the most magnificent views in the world. Traveling with kids on a trek…Continue
Andrew StanleyUnited StatesPublished: Monday, January 22, 2018Having just returned from a month in Nepal, I am reflecting on just how spectacular our trip on the Annapurna Circuit (Ghorepani-Poon Hill trek). The first half of the trip was with the entire family (my wife, our 8-year old…Continue
Robert UnderwoodHong KongPublished: Tuesday, November 1, 2016(actually visited in May/June-ish 2013, but the TripAdvisor app doesn't have an option to go that far back.) My father and I did a trek along the route incorporating Ghorepani several years back and had an incredible time. I have…Continue
- Boutique hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- Hotel/ Lodges during trekking on twin sharing basis
- Responsible Adventures' Expert Trek leader or Trek with Raj
- Use of trekking kit bag during trek
- Good clothing for porters and crew
- Insurance for crew and porters
- Twin sharing room on trek
- Domestic airfare (Where Applicable)
- Boutique hotel in Pokhara on bed and breakfast basis
- All transportation
- Complimentary T-Shirt
- 1 Assistant guide between 4 trekkers
- 1 porter between two trekkers
- Food for porters & crew members (We are less then handful of trekking companies that provide this facility)
- All permits
- All meals on trek
- International airport taxes
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Items of a personal nature e.g alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenir etc.
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion