Everest trekking off the beaten path. Non-touristy area of Nepal.
This trek takes place 2-3 days walk below Lukla where the regular trek in the Everest region usually begins. We have chosen a route that brings trekkers through villages and areas where next to no trekkers have been through. It is entirely off the grid from the touristy areas from Lukla and above. This trek is suitable for experienced hikers who are surefooted as the trails are narrow and involve "scrambling" at certain parts of the way.
The idea is to bring travelers off the beaten track to show Real Nepal, and it's pristine culture and environment that remains untouched by the tourism industry thus far. The Rai ethnic clan of Nepal populates this area mostly.
This unique program of doing a trek to see Mount Thamserku, 6608m, Kusum Kanggaru 6367m, Charpate Himal (Kyashar) 6769m, and Mera Peak 6476m along with other smaller Himalayan peaks with a cultural immersion by witnessing the lifestyles of the Rai ethnic group. We were the first and so far only trekking company to have brought foreigners to these villages.
This package has been designed, so you get to see the real Nepal and experience "once in a lifetime" cultural event. It is also a great photographic opportunity, meeting people who are not in an untouched part of Nepal.
This will be a thoroughly supported expedition style camping trek where we provide comfortable 'three men' tent to be shared between two trekkers. Pack animals or porters will either carry all our gear and food. Our assistant guides will help set up camp at the end of the hike each day while our trekking chef and his assistants will provide deliciously nourishing meals. They will also break camp each morning before our trek to the next place. All you need to do is to carry your small day pack and walk. This will be the closest thing to "Glamping" in the Himalayas.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu
- Day 02: Fly to Phaplu and drive on a rough road for 4-5 hours for our first night of camping.
- Day 03: We trek to a village for lunch and continue to camp away from the settlement in a pristine wooded area. Overnight camp away from the villages in the middle of nowhere. 4-5 hours trek.
- Day 04: Trek to a pristine Sherpa village. 5 hours
- Day 05: Trek to Forest camp.
- Day 06: Trek to the viewpoint.
- Day 07: We visit one of our staff’s village.
- Day 08: Trek to another village of one of our longest serving staff; another one of the untouched villages. 5 hours.
- Day 09: Trek to the vehicle pick up point and drive to Phaplu.
- Day 10: Extra day in case of delays caused by unforeseen circumstances.
- Day 11: International Departure.
Frankie FrancisUnited KingdomPublished: Friday, May 4, 2018Firstly I'd like to say this is an excellent website and I'd recommend your company to anyone thinking of trekking trip down your way. As for you Raj its great to see you're doing well, thanks for the informative and…Continue
Apau Mudzaffar HarunMalaysiaPublished: Friday, April 20, 2018Salam Hormat from peringtis Alam Malaysia. It’s my sixth time in Nepal, how the first time we met was at Durbar Square last winter and today we are having lunch at your home with the rest of the Malaysian group.…Continue
Thomas Public TGermanyPublished: Wednesday, August 2, 2017During Monsoon 2017, Raj and us hiked the Hembalu trail. this might not be the best time to do that, but then, when you have children, vacations dictate when you can do this. Raj and his team were so important…Continue
Daniel USwitzerlandPublished: Sunday, March 26, 2017In October 2016 Raj had organised a 22 day trek for me. He arranged for Chandra Rai as my porter/guide (Chandra Rai and I had trekked 9 years ago to Everest basecamp together). Raj organised everything impeccably, he organised a…Continue
Daniel UrlichSwitzerlandPublished: Sunday, March 26, 2017In October 2016 Raj had organised a 22 day trek for me. He arranged for Chandra Rai as my porter/guide (Chandra Rai and I had trekked 9 years ago to Everest basecamp together). Raj organised everything impeccably, he organised a…Continue
- Two nights in 3-star hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast. One night in a lodge outside of Kathmandu. Eight breakfasts, lunches, and dinners when outside of Kathmandu.
- Drive to start and end trekking points in private jeeps.
- All camping gear such as three men tents, dining tent, toilet tent, shower tent
- Domestic flight from Phaplu to Kathmandu.
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Items of a personal nature e.g alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenir etc.
- Trip CostUS$ 1850
- Trip Difficulty Moderate to Strenuous
- Min. Person4
- Transportation: Private vehicle and Flight
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek
- Accommodation: Lodge and Camping