The trek itself will begin after a short, scenic flight to Lukla in the Khumbu region. Staying in locally run tea-houses along the way, you walk to the village of Phakding and Namche Bazaar, the Sherpa capital of the world. The highlight of the trek will be the monastery of Tengboche that offers an incredible panorama of Nuptse, Lhotse, AmaDablam and, of course, Everest! An additional bonus of the trek is that you might be able to meet up with one of the two remaining Climbing Sherpas from the 53 Everest Expedition and Apa Sherpa, the record holder for the most number of summits of Everest.
Note - Flight to Lukla and back can be delayed or canceled due to poor visibility. We ask you to have a buffer days of few days in case your flight to Lukla is affected.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with an unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrive in Nepal's capital, Kathmandu, with free time to spend the afternoon exploring the area. Get acquainted with the group over an evening meal of local fare.
- Day 02: In the morning we have a walking tour of Ason (an old spice market), and walk through the busy streets of Kathmandu.
- Day 03: We fly to Lukla (2,800m) and start our trek
- Day 04: We follow the Dudh Koshi River, crossing a suspension bridge on the KyasharKhola, and pass through Monjo (2,840m)
- Day 05: Rest Day: We rise early and climb for views of Mt. Everest, with time to look through the Sherpa museum and cultural center.
- Day 06: Trek to Thame (3,700m), where we will stay in a lodge owned by Appa Sherpa, who holds the world record of 12 successful ascents of Everest.
- Day 07: Trek to Khumjung (3,790m), where we enjoy afternoon tea in the highest bakery in the world.
- Day 08: Trek to Deboche, passing the famous Tengboche Monastery (3,790m).
- Day 09: Trek to Pangboche (3,860m), crossing the ImjaKhola on a suspension bridge, and walking through rhododendron forests, and passing many stone carved walls.
- Day 10: Trek to Kyangjuma (3,700m), a tiny village near Sanasa. Here we will be staying in a lodge owned by a two time Everest summiteer.
- Day 11: Passing back through Namche Bazaar and, after the long downhill stretch, we follow the turbulent Dudh Koshi River back to Monjo (2,840m) where it meets the KyasharKhola.
- Day 12: After enjoying a pleasant walk through the densely populated area between Phakding and Lukla, we finally relax over a drink to celebrate your achievement and absorb the beautiful experiences you’ve shared together as a group.
- Day 13: After another exhilarating flight from the top of the world, passing many of the famous Himalayan peaks, we arrive safely back in Kathmandu, to sleep or to party? That is the question. B&B only in Kathmandu.
- Day 14: Rest Day: Phone home, last minute shopping or just relax in a pub.
- Day 15: International departure
Andrew Melville StirlingUnited KingdomPublished: Friday, May 4, 2018Myself and my fiancé have just returned from an excellent trek with Responsible Adventures. Our final destination was in Pangboche where we were rewarded with breathtaking views of Everest and Lhotse. It was a particularly great trek due to Raj…Continue
Liz Cameron StirlingUnited KingdomPublished: Friday, May 4, 2018The Everest Trek was fantastic. The views of Everest are breathtaking, but we also had the rare opportunity to meet some of the people who have climbed her, and to really experience Nepal and it's culture. Raj is an excellent…Continue
- Boutique hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- Hotel/ Lodges on twin sharing basis
- All transportation
- Responsible Adventures' Expert Trek leader or Trek with Raj
- Complimentary T-Shirt
- Use of trekking kit bag during trek
- 1 Assistant guide between 4 trekkers
- 1 porter between two trekkers
- Good clothing for porters and crew
- Food for porters & crew members (We are less then handful of trekking companies that provide this facility)
- Insurance for crew and porters
- All permits
- Twin sharing room on trek
- All meals on trek
- Domestic airfare
- International airfare
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion
- Items of a personal nature e.g alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenir etc.