Our Everest Base Camp Trek itinerary has been designed to offer something uniquely different from what other trekking companies offer, by including a trip up to the rarely visited Ama Dablam Base Camp. We will follow in the footsteps of the great climbing parties; we trek through Sherpa country, past potato, vegetable fields, and villages before the hard work of climb up to Namche Bazaar begins. High above the treeline, the scenery gets stark but spectacular. The incredible monastery at Thyangboche's setting against the backdrop of Ama Dablam, Everest and other snow-capped peak is lovely. The hike up to Amadablam base camp provides the opportunity to walk from the treeline to high altitude alpine forest and the summer grazing pastures with beautiful views of the Maha Langgur range not seen from the main trail to Everest Base Camp. We trek to Everest base camp first. We also grab this opportunity to climb Kala Pathar (5,545m) for the ultimate view of Mt. Everest (8850 m) before finally reaching the Everest Base Camp situated on the Khumbu Glacier.
Let our team make this a memorable experience for you. Your expert trek leader will fulfill your quest for knowledge about the culture, history while our trekking chef will serve you food that uses superfood as ingredients to help you get the best nourishment to help achieve this goal that probably has been on your bucket list for many years.
Note - Flight to Lukla and back can be delayed or canceled due to poor visibility. We ask you to have a buffer days of few days and to have a few hundred dollars in case your flight to Lukla is affected, and a helicopter ride is needed to either fly in or out of Lukla.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrive in Nepal's capital, Kathmandu. Briefing for the trek.
- Day 02: Fly to Lukla (2,840m) trek to Phakding. Overnight lodge. 2650m.3 hours trek
- Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441m). (5 hours walking) Overnight lodging
- Day 04: Acclimatization trek to Khumjung village to see the school built by Sir Edmund Hillary, the monastery with the Yeti scalp.
- Day 05: Trek to Pangboche via the famous Thyangboche monastery (3790m) and the Deboche Nunnery along with overnight lodging
- Day 06: Hike up to the less trekked base camp of the most beautiful mountain in this region - Amadablam.
- Day 07: Trek to Dingboche (4320m) and up towards Nakardzong Ridge for acclimatization. Overnight lodge, (5 to 6 hours walking)
- Day 08: Trek to Lobuche (4900m) Overnight lodge (5-6 hours walking).
- Day 09: Trek to Everest base camp and overnight lodge at Gorakshep (5120m)
- Day 10: Trek to Kalapathar and head back toward Lobuche or Pheriche with an overnight at the inn, (9 hours walking)
- Day 11: Trek Kyangjuma or Namche Bazaar. (Overnight lodging)
- Day 12: Trek to Phakding or Monjo. Overnight Lodge
- Day 13: Trek to Lukla. Last night party with the lads! Overnight Lodging
- Day 14: Fly Back to Kathmandu
- Day 15: Morning walking tour of Ason (an old spice market) and the old Durbar Square (Palace).
- Day 16: International Departure
Shasha Kartini RidzanMalaysiaPublished: Friday, May 4, 2018Dear Raj and the Responsible Adventures team, Congratulations on converting a "Girly" girl into an aspiring mountaineer (almost!). Thanks you so much for a fun filled 3 weeks of learning, trekking, a cultural experience, all rolled into one unforgettable journey.…Continue
IdahMalaysiaPublished: Friday, May 4, 2018Responsible Adventures is true to it's name. They're responsible, respectful and relaxed during the trek. Their surprises every moment was the greatest value added for my adventure trip. Raj & the crews' care for my well being, health and safety…Continue
Joyce BerminghamUnited StatesPublished: Friday, April 20, 2018Our Everest Base Camp trek was a life changing experience. All of our senses were engaged and the physical challence was a blast - challenging and rewarding! Raj Tamang (founder of Responsible Adventures) was patient, knowledgable and obviously highly respected…Continue
Hua Zheng HongSingaporePublished: Tuesday, September 6, 2016My buddies and I did the Everest Base Camp trek in the winter. Breathtaking landscapes and a physically demanding trek. The team took took great care of us like a family. Being responsible every step of the way - pushing…Continue
Stephanie J. WeedonUnited KingdomPublished: Monday, August 1, 2016My first trip with Raj was around the Annapurna region. Raj and his staff were incredible, and everything was planned out to perfection. the meals cooked were excellent and very varied. There was a mix of asian and western food,…Continue
Peter WeedonUnited KingdomPublished: Sunday, May 15, 2016We trekked twice with Raj at responsible adventures. The first time to Annapurna base camp and the whole trek was made special by him and his team. His English is fluent and we soon were chatting as friends,nothing was too…Continue
- Boutique hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- Hotel/ Lodges on twin sharing basis
- All transportation
- Responsible Adventures' Expert Trek leader or Trek with Raj
- Complimentary T-Shirt
- Use of trekking kit bag during trek
- 1 Assistant guide between 4 trekkers
- 1 porter between two trekkers
- Good clothing for porters and crew
- Food for porters & crew members (We are one of the few trekking companies that provide this facility)
- Insurance for crew and porters
- All permits
- Twin sharing room on trek
- All meals on trek (best trekking meals in the whole of the Himalaya)
- Domestic airfare
- International airport taxes
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion
- Items of a personal nature e.g alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenir etc.