Our trek begins at the heart of the Khumbu valley and proceeds into the Gokyo valley ‘off the beaten track.' We make our way up to the Gokyo lakes returning via a slightly different route. On this trek, you might be able to meet up with one of 2 remaining Climbing Sherpas from the 53 Everest Expedition. We also provide you with the privilege to stay in the Lodge of Appa Sherpa, the world record holder of the first 21 Everest summits. We even stay at the lodge belonging to the main character of the documentary - Sherpa. He is the second person to have reached the summit of Everest 21 times and holds the world record of more than 34 summits on peaks above 8000 meters. Experience the hospitality of the Sherpas while enjoying views of Mt. Everest, Amadablam, Thamserku, Cho Oyu and Lhotse from the summit of Gokyo Ri or just relax around the turquoise blue water of the Gokyo lakes.
Note - Flight to Lukla and back can be delayed or canceled due to poor visibility. We ask you to have a buffer days of few days in case your flight to Lukla is affected.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu, Your Trek leader will meet you and transfer to your Hotel.
- Day 02: Phakding (2656 meters)
- Day 03: Namche Bazaar (3450 meters)
- Day 04: Namche Bazaar
- Day 05: Thame. Stay at the lodge owned by Apa Sherpa, first climber to summit Everest 21 times. Another Sherpa who is the 3rd person to reach the summit of Everest is also from this village.
- Day 06: Khumjung (3790 meters)
- Day 07: Dole (4000 meters)
- Day 08: Machermo (4410 meters)
- Day 09: Gokyo (4794 meters)
- Day 10: Gokyo climb Gokyo Ri 5364 and descend to Na 4390 meters.
- Day 11: Phortse (3542 meters)
- Day 12: Dingboche (4336 meters)
- Day 13: Lobuche (4939 meters)
- Day 14: Trek to Everest Base Camp and overnight at Gorakshep
- Day 15: Kala Pattar (5600 meters), and descent to Pheriche 4260 m.
- Day 16: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3441 m.
- Day 17: Namche Bazaar (3450 meters) - Phakding (2650 meters)
- Day 18: Lukla (2832 meters)
- Day 19: Fly to Kathmandu
- Day 20: Kathmandu sightseeing
- Day 21: Depart Kathmandu
Wan Adibah ZulkhefliMalaysiaPublished: Friday, May 4, 20182 thumbs up for Responsible Adventures! We had a very enjoyable and unforgettable time throughout the trek - starting from Lukla and all the way back to Lukla at the end of the trek. Our heartfelt gratitude for the professional…Continue
Suhaniza ShaharMalaysiaPublished: Friday, May 4, 201825 days in Nepal, 18 days of trekking from Lukla to Gokyo Ri to Kalapathar to EBC and back to Lukla; Responsible Adventures is really Responsible in "Making a difference" in my life. Kudos to Raj & team for Making…Continue
Bob FizamanMalaysiaPublished: Friday, May 4, 2018A well organised tour group which kept us informed, alert and always happy. Such an outstanding, well oiled varied activities from the day of inception. A 3 week long work out seemed to be absorbed by a fine tuned, efficient…Continue
Mick Matthews and Deb HuttAustraliaPublished: Friday, April 20, 2018Hi Raj Greetings from Crescent Head. It has been a month since we left your wonderful country. I have been going through our photos of what was, the trip of a lifetime. We both extend a big thank you to…Continue
Jason & Sharon StratfordNew ZealandPublished: Friday, April 20, 2018In May 2011 we had the pleasure of completing a trek through the Sargamartha National Park Region of Nepal with Responsible Adventures. The trek group consisted just of my wife & I. We were taken care of absolutely by The…Continue
Sharon SAustraliaPublished: Thursday, September 1, 2016We have been lucky enough to travel with Responsible Adventures on 2 separate trips, our first being the Gokyo Lakes and Everest Base Camp Trek and the other to the Langtang and Gosakund Treks. We selected the deluxe option on…Continue
Phillip JenkinsUnited KingdomPublished: Monday, July 18, 2016As part of a three month trip around Asia I decided to set myself the challenge of the Gokyo Lakes and Everest Base Camp Trek as an antidote to too many beaches! After doing my research and initially narrowing down…Continue
- Boutique hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- Hotel/ Lodges on twin sharing basis
- All transportation
- Responsible Adventures' Expert Trek leader
- Complimentary T-Shirt
- Use of trekking kit bag during trek
- 1 Assistant guide between 4 trekkersTrekking
- 1 porter between two trekkers
- Good clothing for porters and crew
- Food for porters & crew members (We are one of the few trekking companies that provide this facility)
- Insurance for crew and porters
- All permits
- Twin sharing room on trek
- All meals on trek (best trekking meals in the whole of the Himalaya)
- Domestic airfare
- International airfare
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion
- Items of a personal nature e.g alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenir etc.
Dates & Prices
Make an Enquiry
- Trip Difficulty Strenuous
- ActivityLodge Trek
- Min. Person2
- Transportation: Private vehicle and Flight
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek
- Accommodation: Lodges
- CODE: EBCGL-22
- FREQUENCY: ANYDAY
- BEST SEASON: SEPT-JUNE
- ALTITUDE: E5550 METERS
- SUPPORT: YES