Chomolhari is considered a Gem of trekking in Bhutan. The trekking route passes through varying landscapes of exotic flora, fauna, and landscapes. The altitude ranges from little over 2500 meters to almost 5000 meters.
Our trip begins in Nepal, giving adventurers the opportunity to explore some of the oldest monuments in the country. In comparison to Nepal, there are very few treks within significant parts of Bhutan. The Chomolhari Trek is one of the most recognized treks in Bhutan, following the crystal clear trout-rich stream of Paro Chu along the green alpine meadows and onto Mt. Chomolhari.a
Mt. Chomolhari stands at 7,300m and is notably one of the most beautiful peaks in the eastern Himalayan range. It is visible throughout the trail, and the course of the trek covers some of the most prominent places in the region, including Paro, Thimpu and the Punakha Valley.
- Day 01: Join Kathmandu.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu, walking tour of the old bazaar; visit Pashupatinath temple and Boudhanath Stupa.
- Day 03: Arrive Paro, met and transfer over to Hotel. Evening welcome cocktail & dinner. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 04: Full day sightseeing tour of Paro Valley and the little township. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 05: Short drive to the starting point from the hotel, camp overnight at Shana.
- Day 06: Trek and camp at Thangbu
- Day 07: Trek and camp at Jhangotang
- Day 08: Trek and camp at Lingshi
- Day 09: Trek and camp at Shodu
- Day 10: Trek and camp at Dolam.
- Day 11: End trek and meet vehicle and drive a short distance to Thimpu and check into Hotel.
- Day 12: Full day sightseeing tour of Thimpu, overnight at Hotel.
- Day 13: Morning after breakfast transfer to the airport in Paro for Departure to Kathmandu. Overnight hotel Kathmandu.
- Day 14: Free day in Kathmandu.
- Day 15: International Departure.
- Four nights in Boutique Hotel in Kathmandu on bed and basis
- Kathmandu Paro return airfare all transfers
- Meals on the trek and hotel
- Accommodation on twin sharing
- Entrance fee
- Local leader and porters on the trek
- Food for porters & crew members
- Insurance for crew and porters that includes helicopter evacuation when necessary and medical treatment
- Trek permit
- Park fees
- Staff insurance etc
- Sightseeing as indicated
- International airport taxes
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transfers outside of the tour program
- travel insurance (buy insurance)
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion
- Trip CostUS$ 3500
- Trip Difficulty Moderate to Strenuous
- Min. Person4
- Transportation: Private vehicle and Flight
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek
- Accommodation: Lodge and Camping
- CODE: CT-15
- FREQUENCY: ANYDAY
- Best Seasons : OCTOBER THROUGH MAY
- ALTITUDE: 4000 MTS.
- SUPPORT: YES