The Bhutan Tour and Bumthang trek is a varied tour. It takes us from the Nepalese capital of Kathmandu to Bhutan, the “Land of the Thunder Dragon.” The trip includes sightseeing and exploration of several unique Bhutanese monasteries, forts, and a lovely three-day trek through the mountains from Bumthang Valley to the Paro valley. You will get to witness a nation where tradition, religion, and ritual are still very much a part of life.
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Join Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu, walking tour of the old bazaar; visit Pashupatinath temple and Boudhanath Stupa.
- Day 03: Fly Paro (Bhutan); city tour.
- Day 04: In Paro; walk to Taktsang monastery.
- Day 05: Drive to Punakha via Dorchu La pass; visit Punakha Dzong.
- Day 06: Via Wangdi Phodrang Dzong to Jakar in Bhumtang valley.
- Day 07: to 9: Three-day Bhumtang Trek
- Day 10: Drive to Gantey Gompa; optional walks.
- Day 11: Drive To Thimpu; afternoon sightseeing.
- Day 12: Morning free; drive to Paro.
- Day 13: Fly Paro to Kathmandu; drive via Bhaktapur to Nagarkot.
- Day 14: Sunrise walk; Drive Kathmandu; optional visit Patan.
- Day 15: Depart.
- Four nights in Boutique Hotel in Kathmandu on bed and basis
- Kathmandu Paro return airfare all transfers
- Meals on the trek and hotel
- Accommodation on twin sharing
- Entrance fee
- Local leader and porters on the trek
- Food for porters & crew members
- Insurance for crew and porters that includes helicopter evacuation when necessary and medical treatment
- Trek permit
- Park fees
- Staff insurance etc
- Sightseeing as indicated
- International airport taxes
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transfers outside of the tour program
- travel insurance (buy insurance)
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion
- Trip CostUS$ 3500
- Trip Difficulty Moderate
- Min. Person4
- Transportation: Private vehicle and Flight
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek
- Accommodation: Lodge and Camping
- FREQUENCY: ANYDAY
- BEST SEASON: OCTOBER THROUGH MAY
- ALTITUDE: 3050 MTS.
- SUPPORT: YES