Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a hike to the amphitheater of the Annapurna Sanctuary surrounded by many famous Himalayan peaks - including Machapuchhre (6,997m), Gangapurna (7,454m), Annapurna I (8,091m), Annapurna South (7,273m) and the unclimbed Fang (7,647m). Our journey begins in the city of Pokhara, a short flight away from Kathmandu. Our trek starts from Birethanti (1,000m), a village by the Modi River, walking through forests, and climbing a stone ‘staircase’ to Ulleri, Chomrong (2,060m), a local Gurung village. We pass Hinku Cave; we then reach the ‘gate’ into the sanctuary - which is a spectacular pass between the peaks of Machapuchhre and Himchuli. Highlights of the trek include spectacular sunrise from Poon Hill, oak, rhododendron, and bamboo forests full of exotic wildlife, trekking to Machapuchhre Base Camp (3,729m) and Annapurna Base Camp (4620 m).
Why Choose Us?
- Our knowledgeable, expert trek leader will enhance your trekking experience
- Our trekking chef's holistic/nourishing food that is prepared with superfood as ingredients will help you to get better nourished, regenerate cells and acclimatize to the altitude.
- You will not only go home with a lifetime of memories but much healthier as well.
- We are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide Wellness Adventure Vacations.
- Overall we provide you with unparalleled value-added service.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu, Your Trek leader will meet you and transfer to your Hotel. Check-in, and then attend an Adventure briefing with the group, led by your Expert Trek Leader.
- Day 02: Fly to Pokhara and trek to Hille. 1500meter. 5 hours
- Day 03: Trek to Ghorepani. 2850 meters. 6-7 hours walking
- Day 04: Trek to Chuile. 1900 meters. 6 hours walking
- Day 05: Trek to Sinuwa. 2340 meters. 6-7 hours walking.
- Day 06: Trek to Himalaya. 2900 meters. 5-6 hours walking.
- Day 07: Trek to Machapuchare Base Camp. 3700 meters. 5 hours walking.
- Day 08: Trek to Annapurna base camp 4130 meters. 2 hours walking. Allows you to stay the night and possibly enjoy fantastic sunrise the next morning. Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4,100 m) while we continue our exploration of the sanctuary before ascending to Anna
- Day 09: Trek to Bamboo. 2600 meters. 6 - 7 hours walking.
- Day 10: Trek to JhinuDanda enjoy the afternoon soaking in the Hot-springs. 5-6 hours walking.
- Day 11: Trek to Dhampus.
- Day 12: Trek for 2 hours to Phedi and drive for 30 minutes to Pokhara. Rest of the day free in Pokhara.
- Day 13: Fly back to Kathmandu in the morning or afternoon( let me know which time of day is your preference)
- Day 14: International departure.
Robert & Linda DennisUnited KingdomPublished: Friday, May 4, 2018We've had a fantastic time on the Annapurna Sanctuary trip-fantastic group and most importantly an excellent leader, Sherpas and porters Thanks ! Inspiring and humbling scenery to see the Himalaya up close has been a great privilege. The efforts of…Continue
EllieThailandPublished: Friday, May 4, 2018The last 12 days have been an experience I've never had before. The views have been magical, especially at ABC, but also the friendships made. Chandra and Pawan and the porters were amazing and Raj was a great leader. Aching…Continue
Gavin Mugatroyd & Jane GoodbrandCanadaPublished: Friday, May 4, 2018We set out a month ago for the "trip of a lifetime" and this trip has definitely measured up. Thank you so much for everything from introducing us to the "Mustang coffee and "Mars roll" to protecting us from the…Continue
Bill CoxUnited StatesPublished: Friday, May 4, 2018You've crafted a broad blend of hiker's challenge, Nepali social history & mountaineering love into a fascinating trek of discovery. Your expert guidance on many fronts enriches my understanding of the people, the background and the physical environment of the…Continue
Emily HighfieldUnited KingdomPublished: Friday, May 4, 2018I had such a fantastic time - I don't want to go home! The scenery has been so beautiful & varied making the hard work varied, making the hard work well rewarded. The team of guides + porters were fantastic…Continue
Julia YarnaldUnited KingdomPublished: Friday, May 4, 201819/11/05 I came here full of trepidation and unsure of my ability to reach ABC. Raj's quiet, calm attitude helped me overcome my fears. The whole experience was one I will never forget. The team of Sherpas and porters were…Continue
Martin HillUnited KingdomPublished: Friday, May 4, 2018I expected to come to Nepal and be overwhelmed by the scenery but I also found that I was overwhelmed by how friendly and helpful the people were, especially you and the guys. I've had an experience that I will…Continue
Johnny boyUnited KingdomPublished: Friday, May 4, 2018Thanks for an awesome tour. I had an amazing time and couldn't have wished for a more knowledgeable and fun tour leader. The scenery. The scenery out here is insane, an experience I will never forget. Thanks again Raj and…Continue
Steve RobsonUnited KingdomPublished: Friday, May 4, 2018Raj Absolutely top trip, sensational scenery and Raj's input really made it very enjoyable and memorable. He has a great team supporting him, all of whom have a great sense of humour. I can't wait to come back and have…Continue
Alex SmithUnited KingdomPublished: Friday, May 4, 2018Thanks Raj You have personally made this such a fantastic trip - better than I was expecting. I especially loved all the little extra details - including the guitar playing and singing... the power of rock lives on!! I hope…Continue
XiangyunSingaporePublished: Friday, April 20, 2018A gorgeous snowy turn of the year When incidents happen, a situation occurs or someone gets sick or conditions get uncomfortable the mark of a good guide becomes apparent. How adaptable is the guide, how prepared, how solution-oriented? Experience certainly but also…Continue
Peter WeedonUnited KingdomPublished: Friday, April 20, 2018In April 2011 my daughter and i travelled with Raj and Responsible adventures to the Annapurna Sanctuary. I have to say that Raj made this a truely fantastic experience . Raj takes such pride in his company and strives to make…Continue
Lim Yan LiangSingaporePublished: Friday, April 20, 2018I managed to clear two weeks of my schedule in mid April to do the Annapurna Sanctuary (ABC) trek in Nepal, and I couldn’t have chosen a more experienced or passionate guide than Mr. Raj Tamang. Raj exceeded all my…Continue
MarionNew ZealandPublished: Friday, April 20, 2018Thoroughly enjoyed the balanced mix of challenge, adventure, fun, good food and company. It was an extremely effective way to experience a culture and country in a short period of time. The whole team was consistently polite, helpful, supportive and…Continue
Steff and RachUnited KingdomPublished: Friday, April 20, 2018To quote "Extreme"-More than words!!! This as we have previously discussed, an experience which I should like to repeat and probable will given Alex's wish to do something like this too. Having been in the RAF. I wondered whether I…Continue
Heidi LensBelgiumPublished: Friday, April 20, 2018Thank you Raj, in the first place for convincing me to come to Nepal. I was so sure that walking and trekking in the mountains would be way too difficult for me. Without your convincing advice, I would never have…Continue
Gavin & JennyAustraliaPublished: Friday, April 20, 2018My trip was breathtaking, I've got memories that will last a lifetime even at times I found it tough, every time I looked up it disappeared. The trek was laid out in a great way, through villages,meeting people & understating…Continue
Kelly and SeanUnited KingdomPublished: Friday, April 20, 2018What a trip and what a great team. Raj & the boys took care of our every need-nothing was too much trouble. The trek itself was awesome-good food, fantastic scenery and a chance to experience a different culture up close.…Continue
Linda & Geoff BainbridgeUnited KingdomPublished: Friday, April 20, 2018WONDERFUL-The only word to describe this trip. Organisation second to none. I knew the trip would be a challenge, but with the incredible support and advise from Raj, everything worked like clock work. No doubt about it, it was tough,…Continue
Sandra & Kevin LewisUnited KingdomPublished: Friday, April 20, 2018"This is always something I have wanted to do. Fortunately my husband went along with it. It exceeded our expectations. The trip was well worth all the sweat and tears. When we reached Annapurna nothing could describe how we felt…Continue
Natalie & DaveUnited KingdomPublished: Friday, April 20, 2018Excellent job balancing all the different needs within the group. We all come out feeling very well looked after. Good pacing, briefings and commentaries were frank and insightful and have left us with an appreciation for the culture and history…Continue
Amy McLeodUnited KingdomPublished: Friday, April 20, 2018"AND Dance.UH HUH! As I sit and watch Rachel and Ratan get down to some.music I realize that I have loved this whole trip and everything about it. Meeting and getting to know so many new people. The trip was…Continue
Salimah 0smanSingaporePublished: Sunday, August 28, 2016There were many trekking companies that I can choose from but I was glad to have chosen Responsible Adventures as my trekking guide to Annapurna basecamp. I surfed the Internet and was convinced that this company was reliable. I enjoyed…Continue
Chen Chang JiangSingaporePublished: Sunday, July 24, 2016I did the Annapurna Based Camp Trek over Dec - Jan, and I am really glad my friend found this company! The planning was perfectly done, no hiccups, from airport pick-up, to getting us to Pokhara and settling all our…Continue
Tan Xiang YunSingaporePublished: Wednesday, July 13, 2016When incidents happen, a situation occurs or someone gets sick or conditions get uncomfortable the mark of a good guide becomes apparent. How adaptable is the guide, how prepared, how solution-oriented? Experience certainly but also the priorities, whether the client's…Continue
Chay Ying KongSingaporePublished: Saturday, July 2, 2016I was planning a 3 person trek to Annapurna Base Camp over Xmas. We have all been to Nepal and received many personal recommendations from fellow trekking friends. Responsible Adventure came highly recommended by a friend who had spend some…Continue
- Boutique hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- Boutique hotel in Pokhara on bed and breakfast basis
- Hotel/ Lodges during trekking on twin sharing basis
- All transportation
- Responsible Adventures' Expert Trek leader or Trek with Raj
- Complimentary T-Shirt
- Use of trekking kit bag during trek
- 1 Assistant guide between 4 trekkers
- 1 porter between two trekkers
- Good clothing for porters and crew
- Food for porters & crew members (We are less then handful of trekking companies that provide this facility)
- Insurance for crew and porters
- All permits
- Twin sharing room on trek
- All meals on trek
- Domestic airfare (Where Applicable)
- International airport taxes
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader's tip at your discretion
- Items of a personal nature e.g alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenir etc.
Dates & Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Cost||Status||Booking|
|28 November, 2018||11 December, 2018||US $1711||Guaranteed|