Our tours and treks are led by qualified and professionally trained leaders and we are proud to have the best panel of leaders of all the Trekking Companies. We also believe very strongly that it should be completely clear what is included in the price of your holiday.
Responsible Adventures has a long-standing reputation as the safest wilderness operator in the Himalaya. All of our trek leaders have some first aid background, however, we cannot guarantee there will be a doctor on your trek. We do carry comprehensive medical kits. We do ask you to bring your own antibiotics in consultation with your own doctor. If you are a qualified doctor or nurse and would like to take on the role of ‘trek doctor' we would be happy to discuss this with you and offer suitably qualified people a discount.
In the case of a serious medical emergency, we try and organize the fastest evacuation possible by road or air to the nearest hospital.
All people traveling with Responsible Adventures are required to buy a travel insurance from the country of origin, which should include air evacuation in case of medical emergencies.
You will need to consult your doctor at least 6 weeks prior to departure, to work out an immunization schedule relevant to your destination country. The following is a rough guide for immunization commonly applicable to many of our trips. However, we must stress that this is only a basic guide - and you must abide by the advice of your doctor.
• Any medicines/antibiotics required
• Antiseptic Cream
• Antifungal Foot Powder
• Sunscreen - Factor 16 to 25. 'Sport' brands are good. Get the best ‘photostable' brands.
• Lipsalve - Must have a high sunscreen factor. Zinc blocks are also excellent for burnt lips.
• Insect Repellent
• Malaria Prophylactic Tablets
• Foot Blister Pack/Moleskin Pads
• Knee/Ankle support sleeve - “Tubigrip" bandage.
• Zinc Oxide, Adhesive Tape, Assorted plasters
• Throat Sweets - Plenty of them, the air can be very dry
• Rehydrate Powder ("Dioralyte") - Please make sure you have enough for any emergency!
• Analgesic - Paracetamol, Aspirin, Panadol.
• Diamox - See notes on "Effects of Altitude"
• Iodine Solution/Tablets - For water purification.
Nominated in the category "Best in Mountain Environment" on "Virgin Holidays, Responsible Tourism Awards 2010, 2011"